“Grand is GREAT!”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the moment we arrived it just felt “RIGHT”!
Jan, the concierge greeted us with a warm & friendly smile and asked if there was any way she could be of service. Although we said “No” at first, she was able to find out we were celebrating our 27 wedding anniversary. She really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and made it so special for us.
From the excellent spa services (We tried the: Massage, Hot Tub, Sauna, Exercise room & 5 Diamond Pedicure), to the exceptional restaurants (We tried both the Ristorante Brissago and the Chop House) They had placed rose peddles on the table making it really feel like a special occasion.
The Christmas decorations were outstanding…Only thing missing during our stay was snow.
We highly recommend an overnight, a weekend or a whole week adventure at the GREAT, Grand Geneva Resort & “SPA”… We are really looking forward to our next visit!!!

Room Tip: Second Floor over looking the Golf Course & Lake Great view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ric S
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I want to thank you for sharing your kind praise for our associate Jan. At Marcus Hotels and resorts we are very proud of our hotels, but most proud of our associates who make a commitment to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for all of our guests. We strive to be “People Pleasers” and are honored you choose to spend the weekend with us at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa.

I have shared your comments with Jan as well as their managers. I always enjoy the opportunity to let people know that their good work is appreciated and recognized.

The snow is falling today, it should be a Winter Wonderland this weekend!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,219)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the moment we turned into the entrance of The Grand Geneva we were taken into a Christmas Wonderland. The winding road leading up to the Resort was lit up with millions of lights and delightful displays. Before we knew it we were singing Chrismas Carols! It continued all the way to the Resort with beauftiful decorations welcoming you inside. Once inside the lobby the staff invites you to a glass of champagne as they check you in, allowing you to take in the wonderment of the festive decorations. The walk to our room was filled with delights as you pass by the Gingerbread Houses (made by the children in community) and the Candyland displays. Christmas Trees beautifully decorated throughout the Resort. It was truly amazing!
Now for those unable to make it this Christmas Season, the rooms and views were top notch. The shower and bath unbelievable and the TV in the mirror, whoa!!! Staff...Awesome!! This place is Fantastic!!! Go and enjoy!!

Room Tip: We were in the 6th Lodge and the room offered a beautiful water view, very quite and peaceful and a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank btmichigan

Thank you for your recent posting. You described the resorts arrival experience to a “T”! I agree that our Christmas in the Country Celebration is an amazing spectacle.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment we walked through the door until the time we left, the staff could not do enough to make our stay the best ever. The Christmas decorations were beautiful throughout the property. Everything was very clean. We actually had a friend holiday outing and went to the dinner show. Could not believe how fabulous the food was! Once again, the servers attended to our every need. The Grand Geneva Resort is a beautiful place, but especially so this time of year. Special thanks to TJ who was so welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I am glad that the service levels provided by the staff exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with TJ. I agree that resort is a beautiful place during the – Christmas in the Country Celebration.

Brett Sundstrom
Managing Director

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Although it had been several years since I have visited the Grand Geneva, one thing that is still wonderous are their indoor holiday decorations. This year was Candyland, but sadly it was the newer politically correct version so no Lord Licorice. The gingerbread house contest had some amazing entries, I will question how much help parents provide in the kid category....hmmm? That said the remainder of the stay was less than average. The hotel did some updateing but looks a little tired in some common areas and the outside decore. I do have issue with this trend of "Resort Fees" like the room rate isn't enough to cover the ammenities they provide so to make it look like they are less costly, they just add it onto the bill after you've booked your on-line deal. That my firends is no deal. In some cases it is as high as $30 but apparently when you are with a larger group is negotiated to $15. So WiFi, and Water for $30? oh wait, yes there is the trolley that takes you all over the property, not into town, and this is used in conjunction with the Waterpark, and timeshares, which is very much for small children and families, so why do I pay for that? Ahhhh yes and the best part of my weekend sadly wasn't the relaxing long hot shower I was so looking forward to (worth the $15), no it was the 3 1/2 hour wait for the couple who wouldn't leave our room and hadn't paid for nor requested late check out. So I waited for them to "finish" then actually had to ask for the sheets to be changed ....gross? You Bet it was. I barely had time to get ready for our shuttle at 5:30 PM....resort fee...uhm I don't think so. ltimately my weekend was pleasant not due to the staff at the hotel who lied to me about who I was talking to, but due to the wonderful company and fun telling of war stories in the hospitaly suite at this yearly event.

Room Tip: Personally I find I have trouble with thwir stairs so if you are using their restaurants and confere...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chucketta

My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I apologize that you encountered less than ideal service while staying with us. We pride ourselves on our room cleanliness and ability to cater to specific situations. Our priority is to provide you with a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Spent and overnight with a friend. The room was very nice, bed was confortable.
The poor rating comes for the appointment at the Spa. I had a relaxing facial, a wonderful pedicure and the worst massage in my life. Never in al the years of having massages have I ever had anyone slap the bottom of my feet, bend my legs backwards and they never massaged my arms. I went onto the Grand Geneva, Lake Geneva website and sent a complaint email. I promptly received a response email from the spa manager apologizing and offering another massage. I reserved a couples massage for 11am and was going to pay the difference. We arrive at 1035am for our 11am appointment, the first young man asked our information, looked at his screen and summoned a young woman over. she looked at the screen and responded in a curt tone, "You are late, your appointment was at 10am". I looked at the email confirmation and replied, "no, it was 11, I set this up with ___(mgrs name)". She did not respond and walked away. I sent another email explaining the situation and have never received a response. I will never return to the Grand Geneva, Lake Geneva Well Spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SEWiscon

Thank you for your posting from your October visit. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I want to apologize that your Spa expectations were not met during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. I have shared your feedback with my Spa Director in an effort to enhance our operating procedures as well as our training programs. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience with you in greater detail. I may be reached at 262-249-4713.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed here many times in the past 15 years mostly with our kids. This time we came to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and the experience was way better than we remember. The staff couldnt wait to help us achieve what we wanted; the room and bathroom upgrades were very noticeable; the food and value at Brissago (Stephanie our server was amazing!) and Cafe were excellent; the Spa is superb (spin bikes have computers to help you know how hard you are working), even Paul the senior attendant is still there getting you a robe or whatever you need. We enjoyed it so much even though it was really mid-season and so neither swimming, golfing nor skiing was possible.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abfeldt

I want to thank you for sharing your kind praise for our associates, Stephanie and Paul. At Marcus Hotels and resorts we are very proud of our hotels, but most proud of our associates who make a commitment to provide exceptional service and memorable experiences for all of our guests. We strive to be “People Pleasers” and are honored you choose to spend the weekend with us at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa.

I have shared your comments with Stephanie and Paul as well as their managers. I always enjoy the opportunity to let people know that their good work is appreciated and recognized. Each of them was encouraged by your kind words.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Perfect break during the holidays. The Hotel ammenities are superb. The staff from checkin with the complimentary champange with red raspberries to check out were very warm and friendly. Lake Gevena itself is much more relaxed during this time as the big crowds ar gone. Parking in town is FREE for the first 2 hours. Try some of the local restaurants. The Friday night fish fry at Foley's Irish Woods was wonderful, and they have live music in the bar. For breakfast go to either Egg Harbor or Simple, we ate at both. The Holiday musical revue at the Grand puts you in a warm holiday mood. Lastly don't forget to check out all the Christmas decorations both indoors and outdoors, especially from the Grand's Trolley. Also pack your swimsuit and enjoy the great indoor pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: our room was 4301 not to far from the lobby just right close to stairs to parking lot with nice view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah O

Thank you for your recent posting. I was glad to read that we were a part of your perfect break for the holidays. The enhanced trolley tour this year is quite cool and in my opinion the 18th year of Christmas in the Country is our best yet.

Happy Holidays