“Honeymoon in Paradise”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We celebrated our honeymoon here and we were treated like royalty! We received complimentary champagne and strawberries brought to our room! Our room was fabulous fitted with a wet bar and fireplace! It was the best way to spend my first night together as husband and wife! So much to do around town also. It is an ideal location. We also did a horse and carriage ride right on the property. A trolly took us back and forth on the property. And the ChopHouse was so amazing I cannot even put it into words! We arrived at our table with a heart made out of rose petals! I had a filet and my husband had the pork chops. We split the mac and cheese with lobster! Must have!!! Followed by dessert by the firepit on the patio! Unbelievable experience and we will never forget it! We will be certain to celebrate our anniversaries there in the future! Thank you Grand Geneva for a wonderful honeymoon!!! ~ Jenny and John Malone

Room Tip: King Suite with Lakeside view was such a romantic room!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva to celebrate your Honeymoon. I agree with you the Lobster Mac and Cheese is a must have and Embers Terrace(the fire pit) is the perfect spot to celebrate the success of the day. I look forward to your return visit.

There are newer reviews for Grand Geneva Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel had the most pleasant staff I have ever experienced. Each staff member that we interacted with was pleasant and helpful with a smile. Really! Each one!
It made our stay memorable as well as being a beautiful resort!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I agree with you that my staff is what distinguishes the Grand Geneva from our competitors. I have shared your comments with my staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Grand Geneva is without a doubt a beautiful resort with everything required for a complete getaway. Golf, spa, dining, lounging, an option for everyone. But what makes it stand out among other regional choices is their staff. It is the truly professional staff that they have at The Grand Geneva that makes it a return destination for anyone that visits. At a time when good service appears to be a thing of the past, The Grand Geneva's staff makes it a point to go above and beyond.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve K

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Picture perfect setting. Visited overnight for a friends wedding and was impressed by the natural beauty and ambiance of the campus, grounds and hotel. Outstanding and courteous service, great food offerings and amenities, organized and well staffed. Wonderful atmosphere through-out, busy but orderly. Great course for golfers. Excellent accomodations: clean, upscale suites, with thoughtfully landscaped as well as naturally scenic views.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank James F

Thank you for your recent posting. I could not say it better myself, “Best Kept Secret in the Midwest”. I appreciate all of your accolades and look forward to you return visit.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you are looking to stay right on the lake, then this is not your place. However, if you are looking for isolated, quiet, off the beaten path, it's a great place. I stayed here for a work conference. The grounds were beautiful and the weather was nice so one morning I was able to go for a jog around the property. I attended a yoga class one evening which was a nice beginner, restorative type class.
Suggested tips:
Don't plan on an amazing culinary experience. It tastes like conference food. I had a deep dish pizza delivered. Well worth the $20.
It's a resort with resort prices. If you find something in the gift shop, ask for a discount. They gave me 10% off just for asking.
There are lots of steps since each building is a different level. If you are pulling a suitcase, enter from the outside by your building, don't plan to just walk down the long hall.
Take advantage of the free work out facilities across the parking lot. There's even an indoor basketball court.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank w0rktraveler2012

Thank you for your recent posting. The Grand Geneva resort is a perfect getaway with no urban distractions. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay. We pride ourselves on producing creative, healthy, and flavorful food and beverage. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Where do I start! Grand Geneva Resort & Spa has it all. So many things in one place and all top notch. Three wonderful restaurants plus snack bars areas. The steak house and the Italian Restaurant are 1st class. Four of us went and our husbands both truely enjoyed two days of golf at two fabulous golf courses while us two gals spent a day in the spa that was the best we ever had at any spa. We were still feeling the wonderful results of the spa days after. More then anything it is so very wonderful to find a place that the employee's truely love their jobs and treat the customers like royalty. That is just not found today. You don't hear them complaining to each other about their jobs or their life, they are there 100% for their customers with smiles on their faces (yes they really smile and act glad to see you). You just don't find that. A resort like this has to have wonderful management to be able to produce these kinds of employees. If you have any issues and complaints they are dealt with and fixed right away by the top of management. It is really amazing how their main interest is their customer.

After dinner evenings we could sit by the wonderful fireplace and bar in the foyer and listen to the piano playing many times or go to the bar with entertainment evenings. If you just want to sit and relax you have to sit around the absolutely fabulous outdoor fire. You can take strolls for miles, sit out by the pool and see the wonderful views, swim in the summer, ski in the winter. If you decide for some reason you don't want to stay at the resort all the time there is wonderful small town right outside of the resort to go to that has amazing shops and restaurants by the waterfront.

Grand Geneva Resport & Spac truely is a place to excape to like none other for very reasonable prices. If you watch the specials they can be amazing also. Once you go you will always want to go back.

Room Tip: The views of the golf course and the water are wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAMNEFF

Thank you for your recent posting. Sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot that the resort has to offer. I was so pleased to read that the staff demonstrated our People Pleasing People service culture. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

While on a recent business trip this fall, my husband and I were able to enjoy many of the amenities that the Grand Geneva Resort has to offer. We were greeted by a welcoming and helpful staff. Our comfortable room provided a beautiful view of the manicured golf course. We each received a golf lesson from the pro and then played a much improved round on the challenging course (thanks, Kyle). The food at the Chop House was exceptional and we ended the night relaxing around the fire pit with a glass of wine on a crisp fall night. The rejuvenating massage we received at the Spa was a great way to end the work week. While we enjoyed our fall visit, we plan on coming back soon to experience all that winter has to offer (skiing) at the resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue W

Thank you for your recent posting. The Grand Geneva is the perfect resort to Rekindle and Renew. During the winter season the resort transforms into a winter wonderland, you will love it. I look forward to your return visit.