“Good family vacation place”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family got together here for our parents 50th anni. We got 5 rooms and were told they would be ready when we arrived and to be together in the same building. But of course they weren't. We spent the afternoon waiting. This is a housekeeping issue as I read it in several of the posts here. However, the rooms were nice after finally getting them together in the same building. Overall, the facility was nice. This is a family place with tons of kids in the pool, fitness facility etc. so you can't expect this to be a quiet getaway. I went to a yoga class, use used the fitness room and spent time in the sauna and steam room. They were all good. We had a fantastic dinner at the Italian restaurant in the second floor of the the main building.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. I have shared your feedback with my Front Office management team in an effort to enhance our training programs as well as our operating procedures. I apologize for your poor arrival experience.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I normally stay at another hotel in Lake Geneva and decided to try Grand Geneva instead. What a pleasant surprise. The staff was attentive and the hotel was spotless. We enjoyed having drinks poured by Michael an delivered by Rio at the pool. They even helped judge our kid's belly flop contest. Connie and the staff at the spa/fitness center were amazing. We have an autistic child that they worked with to climb the top of the climbing wall. It was a great achievement for him. My other son was facisnated with the fung shay items and Connie patiently explained it to him. Finally, we ended a great day with dinner at the Chophouse. Our waiter, Beth, was very helpful, fast and friendly. Even the manager, Michael, came by to check on us! Food was terrific and they gave us a free dessert for my birthday. We will come again!

1  Thank kelty211
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa continues to strive for consistent excellence in service, it is our goal to make certain that all your expectations are exceeded by our “people pleasing people” philosophy. I was proud to read that Michael, Rio, Connie and Beth added a special touch to your family’s summer vacation.

Managing Director

Reviewed August 16, 2012

A friend and I spent two nights at the Grand Geneva for a mid-week girls' getaway. The level of service and friendliness of the staff at the hotel and restaurants was excellent. We had a beautiful room with two double beds facing the lake and golf course. When we originally checked in, our room faced a large tree with little view of anything else. The front desk was super helpful in finding us a room that we really loved. The rooms were clean, bright, and spacious. We had a wonderful dinner at Brisaggo, spend time by the fire pit and pool, and enjoyed the view from the balcony of our room. We also experienced excellent service from the bellman Jimmy. He went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy and having a good time. It was so nice to have that personal touch of someone at the hotel who really loves his job and cares that we as guests are happy. The only downside of our trip was the spa. We planned to spend a "spa day" relaxing at the spa. We looked forward to relaxing and enjoying the whirlpool, quiet lounges, etc. after our massages. While our massages were really good, we were very disappointed by the lack of professionalism in the spa lounge/locker room. While it is posted that is supposed to be a quiet area, members of the exercise club kept coming through and having loud conversations. The worst part was when a staff member of the club held a long and loud business conversation right by the area where we were supposed to be relaxing after our treatments! There was also a child running back and forth in the area. We tried to move to another area where we thought we could have some peace and quiet, but again...a staff member came into the room and started interviewing a candidate for a job. The spa attendant didn't help us. Instead, when she asked us how everything was, she didn't wait for us to answer - just took off. When we checked out and pointed out our concerns and disappointments, an employee named Pegs glared at us as we explained what happened, and then told us to go to a spa in PHOENIX! I couldn't believe that she was telling us to go to another state. They also told us that a spa in Williams Bay was better and cheaper. Price was not the issue...we go to spas all over the U.S. and have never had such awful service. Then, they gave us a coupon for a free drink in a PREWRITTEN apology card. That was so tacky. We felt that we were an intrusion to the health club members from the community. It was awful. It's too bad, because our massages were really very good. The management at the hotel did give us a drink coupon and seemed apologetic. I hope that the spa can get its act together, because the rest of the hotel is so wonderful. It's really a shame that we had such a bad experience at the spa, as that is one of the main reasons we came to stay at the hotel. Overall, if you are going for the golf, the restaurants, the nice atmosphere of the lodge, I highly recommend this resort. However, I will think twice before ever returning to the spa again.

Room Tip: Get a lakeside room in buildings 3,4,5, or 6.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alwaysonthego00

Thank you for your recent posting. My name is Brett Sundstrom and I am the Managing Director of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay. The WellSpa prides themselves on creating an environment that is conducive for rest and relaxation.
Our priority is to exceed expectations and provide a great experience, but it sounds as though we failed to hit the mark during your stay. I apologize for that. Your comments have been shared with my staff, so thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take your comments to heart, as your feedback will help us improve. As we continue to strive for excellence in service, I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent resort experience - I may be reached at 262-249-4713.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We chose this property for a mid-week getaway and were not disappointed! Rooms are clean, spacious and well maintained. Restaurant food was excellent, service attentive without being rushed and an overall pleasant experience. We did not have time to golf this course, but the personnel in the pro shop we very informative.
We will be back for either another get away or a golf week end.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies facing the golf course are quiet and scenic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney N, Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent posting. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We look forward to your return visit. Hopefully you will have time for some fall golf during your next stay. Thank for you sharing your feedback on your stay.

Courtney Nobilio
Director of Marketing Communications.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great place to take your family! Beautiful property, exceptional golf courses, friendly staff and so much to do. Starbucks in the lobby was a great convenience in the mornings and restaurants had fabulous food. Relaxing poolside provides the most beautiful scenery. Great service and food in the pool area as well. Awesome workout facility and just minutes away from downtown Lake Geneva for boating and shopping. We will make it a family tradition to visit Grand Geneva every summer!

Room Tip: Try to get a suite with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent posting. I could not agree more with you that the Grand Geneva Resort is a great place for families to Rekindle and Renew. We are excited to be a part of your families’ summer traditions.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Resort was had great amenities, lots to do for the whole family. Golf discount of 25% is a great deal especially if you play twilight. 2 golfers for under $100 including cart! Pool is a little small if it gets crowded. I would recommend a mid week arrival if you can make it work. Much less crowded in the high season.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent posting. I am so glad you were able to make the quick trip up here from Chicago. Sounds like you enjoyed your time on the golf course. Thanks for sharing your feedback on the resort. I hope you can make it back again soon.

Courtney Nobilio
Director of Marketing Communications

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We visited the Grand Geneva for three nights with my sister's family. My husband and I brought our three children and my sister and her husband brought their two children with. Our room was clean, had a king bed and separated by french doors the children had a queen pull-out couch. We requested a cot for our daughter and it was promptly brought to our room. My sister's room had a queen bed and a full size sleeper, they were also very comfortable. Our rooms were clean, the staff was very attentive, courteous and efficient, the pool and bar staff were polite and efficient. The food was excellent and fresh, the drinks were great and the kids had a blast at the pool and exploring the beautiful grounds. Next time we'll find time to golf. Our husbands loved the gym and running path. We can not wait for out next visit!

Room Tip: My sister and husband were sad not to have a balcony. OUrs was a corner room, so our balcony was so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent posting. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We look forward to your return visit. Hopefully you will have time for some golf and spa time during your next stay. Thank for you sharing your feedback on your stay.