“Great golf weekend even in the rain”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Naperville, Illinois
“Great golf weekend even in the rain”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Had a great deal on a room with golf for two. It rained halfway through the course, but we carried on and had a wonderful time. The course was the less challenging of the two, but great. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite so we splurged on dinner at the Chop House. The steaks were some of the finest we have enjoyed in the best Chicago restaurants. Service was great and the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MDGGRS, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting. Yes the Grand Geneva is the perfect resort for a golf vacation as our two championship golf courses were just ranked as one of the 2012 top 10 northern US golf resorts by Conde Nast Traveler. At Grand Geneva you will discover some of the finest cuisine at the Chop House Restaurant or Brissago Ristorante.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
Madison, WI
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This property has two hotels, the Grand Geneva and Timber Ridge. Timber Ridge is the waterpark hotel, catering more to families and taking overflow from the Grand Geneva. It is about 1/2 mile to the Grand Geneva. I stayed in the Grand Geneva for two nights (business, so I cannot tell you about the spa at all). The rooms were beautiful, mine overlooked the water. I liked having a grand floor room, as I felt like the hotel lawn was mine. Lots of walking paths, the grounds are immaculate, beautiful golf course (although I did not golf, lots of others did). Close to downtown Lake Geneva for shopping. Valet or self-parking. VERY nice conference facilities. Service, from valet to conference staff, to catering, were all excellent, visible and accommodating. This would be a great place for families, business, couples. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water. I really liked the ground floors rooms..felt like the lawn and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KLMMadison
Thank you for your recent posting. What an amazing endorsement of our 1,300 acre campus. No matter the time of year our guests are always discovering one of our numerous experiences. I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Spring Green, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This has been the third time that we have stayed at the "Grand Geneva" for our anniversary. Each time has been more special than the first. The complimentary champange and truffles were such a special surprise deliverd to our room and also the wonderful complimentary dessert and glass of champane from the "Chop House" after our delicious meal. We are hoping to be able to come back to the "Grand Geneva" for many more anniversaries . We loved the golf, room, meal and the extra special way they made us feel. Thank you again "Grand Geneva" for a "Grand" time! Our friends had never stayed there before and was very impressed. They plan on celebrating their anniversary there also.

Room Tip: We were on the south side by the lake. It was quiet and beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva to celebrate your anniversary. I agree that you can REKINDLE a romance, time with family or maybe just a business relationship and you can find a place to catch your breath and take some time to RENEW your energy

rosendale,wi
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Grand Geneva. The staff was so helpful and friendly. We are planning to return this summer with our grandchild, we know she will enjoy the Timber Ridge Lodge .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva to celebrate your birthday. I agree that you can REKINDLE a romance, time with family or maybe just a business relationship and you can find a place to catch your breath and take some time to RENEW your energy

Chicago
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My girlfriends and I spent this past weekend for a Spa and Relaxing weekend. I can't tell you how great the spa was. We did the trio massage and you didn't hear a peep out of anyone during that time. Also, the staff was very helpful when it came to extra amenities and great conversation during Breakfast and Dinner. We also had the opportunity to see the Swing Dancing competitions, wow let's just say I felt like I was at Dancing with the Stars but 10 times better with semi to professional dancers. I would recommend the Grand Geneva for a Girlfriend Getaway and for a Couples get away as well. I will definitely be coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent posting. I am honored that you selected the Grand Geneva to celebrate your “Girls Weekend”. I agree that you can REKINDLE a romance, time with family or maybe just a business relationship and you can find a place to catch your breath and take some time to RENEW your energy

Gurnee
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Perfect get-away for a girls spa retreat. My girl friend and I have been doing this for three years now.

The spa is beautiful and the people are friendly. We enjoy using the pool and hot tub after our treatments.

The staff is welcoming and is there to make your stay enjoyable. On our last trip this April, we enjoyed the food and wait staff at the Chop House. Try the scallop appetizer and pork chops for dinner.

This is a must try.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Chicago
Reviewed April 30, 2012

In a recent trip to Lake Geneva, I took my team up to the Grand for team building and a sales meeting. Having done this with another location in the past, I was certain of what I was looking for and The Grand blew away my expectations. From check in, to my accomadations, to the spa retreat and the meeting room, the Grand exceed my sometimes very high expectations. The entire experience was enough for me to move my Memorial Plans with family from one Lake Geneva resort to the Grand.

Room Tip: My room faced the golf course and the view was spectacular and the fountains provided a wonderful an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey regarding your recent stay. Your time is precious to me and I sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided. As The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa continues to strive for consistent excellence in service, it is our goal to make certain that all your expectations are exceeded by our “people pleasing people” philosophy. I look forward to your return visit this Memorial Day Weekend.