I traveled to this resort on August 5, 2011 and was given a king suite in building 1. The room was large, but had stained carpet, old, musty blankets and absolutely no light - it was a dungeon. The worst part, however, was the bathroom. It was barely 2 feet by 2 feet, unusually small for a hotel bathroom and not at all well-appointed. In fact, in the the ceiling light fixture was leaking, getting toilet paper, toiletries and whatever else there was room for, soaking wet. I contacted the front desk regarding the leak 2 times on Saturday and 3 times on Sunday, even going to the front desk a few times and urging them to come and fix the leak. At 9:30 pm on Sunday evening, an engineer came to the room and told us that the leak was a "safety hazard" and that we must vacate the room immeadiately! (notably, he told us that he had gotten the call about the leak 7 minutes before he showed up). Given that my 5 year old son was sleeping, I refused and agreed to move the next morning. The next morning at 7:00 am, however, came a knock on the door from a hotel employee who told me that the room was condemned and asked why I was still in it. My thoughts exactly! Needless to say, they had a new room for us by 3:00 pm that day in building 6. The room looked like it was in another resort - light, large, working bathroom, etc. Makes me wonder why I had to spend 3 nights with my family in the first room. Management was apologetic and gave us a one night credit and $100 in food vouchers. Nice try but hardly enough to make up for the 3 days in the condemned room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois