“Perfect Getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Duffy's Cottages & Suites
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I happened across Duffys in an online search looking for a weekend getaway from the business of Chicago. It looked quaint and affordable. It was so much better than I had expected. I had come in the off season, sort of expecting the resort to have the "winter rust still on", but I was so very pleasantly surprised. Everything was immaculate, with that cottage feel. The owners were extremely friendly, and attentive. Definitely going above and beyond to ensure the comfort of their guests. We enjoyed my stay so much we are going back 3 weeks later, just after memorial day to enjoy the "on season". This is the perfect weekend getaway. whether it be sunsets, grilling, relaxing, fishing(I caught my first musky here last week), or just to plain old get away, Duffys is the place to go!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank screwie21
duffpub, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review, and we are looking forward to your return visit.
May the fish be with you !

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Gosh I do not know where to begin. My boyfriend and I decided to take a much needed break from the real world for the weekend. The Duffys are down-to-earth and very personable. The cottage was so cozy and relaxing. We had an excellent view of Lake Como where people were ice fishing and engaged in other recreational activities. Local residents were so friendly. My boyfriend even barbecued in the cold! We enjoyed our stay there so much that we were not even "bummed out" after the Packers lost.... well, okay, maybe a little :(. We were so impressed how the Duffys thought of everything to make this a home away from home (this is huge since it takes a lot to impress my boyfriend). The place was so neat and clean that we were encouraged to leave it the way we found it. We are already organizing another trip there in the next couple of months. It is not enough space here to express how much I love this place. Thank you so much Mr. & Mrs. Duffy. See you soon! Will bring the fishing pole next time.....Glenda & Mark

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenda H
Duffy7100, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks so much for the nice review, glad you enjoyed ... see you soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading all the reviews about Duffy's Cottage's, my fiance and I were really excited to get away from Illinois this past Labor Day weekend. I honestly have no idea who wrote the positive reviews below, but our experience was terrible to say the least. As soon as we arrived, the place was completely deserted and there was no one in sight. After about an hour and a half, one of the owners finally showed up, and was unapologetic about making us wait around to be let into our room. Once we got inside our "cottage" I instantly wanted to leave. The place is a dump, the room was completely outdated and looked like it hadn't been cleaned or used in years. Sheets were yellow and stained, shower knobs were covered in rust and it smelled of mildew. After getting settled my fiance and I went to explore the local area. There were absolutely NO activities within miles of this place. Downtown Lake Geneva happened to be way more than a "15 minute" walk and the pub that was boasted about below is full of drunks. Needless to say we ended up cutting our stay short and moved to Geneva Ridge Resort, which was a little more pricey, but completely worth every penny.
I do not recommend Duffy's Cottages to anyone, and I am pretty sure their "cottages and suites" should be looked at by health inspectors, this place is disgusting, the owners are rude and negligent, and this place is a scam.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank skem56
Duffy7100, Owner at Duffy's Cottages & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

This review is complete lies from start to finish.
This person has never stayed here ! I have a strong feeling it was submitted by an employee of another hotel in the area. We were in fact closed to the public on the dates mentioned in the review ... for a charity event, so they couldn't even pick the right weekend to lie about !

Please read our other reviews to get a true feel for our place ....thanks Duffy

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It was a very short walk to the lake and only 15 minutes from downtown Lake Geneva. We got a fishing guide from Lake Geneva bait shop and had a good time with that as well. The autumn colors were great during our visit, we would come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank trothwell78
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife, kids, grandkids and I spent a weekend at Duffy's last month {September, 2012}. We had a wonderful time, and our hosts could not have been better. The cabins are very clean and well-maintained, and we enjoyed our stay immensely. Downtown Lake Geneva is literally 10 minutes away, so there was something for everyone. We also made use of Duffy's dock, and spent Saturday fishing Lake Como. All in all, a great time, and great accommodations!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dan S
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It has been almost a year, where has the time gone. I really do love this place. The charm, location, and of course the lovely owners! See you soon for a great Fall weekend (the best time of the year in that area if you ask me). Hopefully it isnt TOO late to book!

Room Tip: The smell of the trees, leaves, and the lake in the Fall is the best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Enoclaf
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our third time staying at Duffy's and have never had a bad experience. The rooms were clean and the recent upgrades to cabin 1 are really nice. It makes for a nice little weekend getaway for my wife and I when we need to get out of the Chicagoland area. Its also a great place to get a bunch of friends together to rent out the cabins and hang out. The Duffy's are really nice and have always been very helpful. In fact, everyone in Lake Como has been very welcoming every time we've stayed. We'll definitely be back and recommend it to anyone who is thinking about staying in the Lake Como/ Geneva area. Also, the full bar is a bonus.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 upgrades are nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple