“You have to go to the Dells to get great seafood.”
Review of House Of Embers

House Of Embers
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Featuring Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Steaks, Seafood (Lobster, Scallops and Alaskan King Crab Legs), Fresh Fish and Pasta. We welcome families and large groups. Friday Fish Fry and Saturday Prime Rib
Reviewed February 9, 2016

I drove up to the Dells to see my daughter and wanted to get some good seafood. I got the walleye special. It was amazing. I haven't had fish that great since I went to Door County last fall. We split the escargot. It was every bit as good if not better than the escargot I had downtown Chicago but a great bargain at $9.99! My daughter had crab legs and fillet. It was a bargain at $29.99. The service was wonderful. Ask for Ben. We were seated right next to the fireplace. It was warm and cozy the food could not have been better. We got the chocolate cake toffee to go.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

We got married by the Justice of the Peace and headed to the Dells for our honeymoon. We made reservations for the Omar Sherie room for two for eight p.m. We were treated so wonderfully by the waitresses. We had the stuffed mushrooms and oyster rockefellers as appetizers it was very good. My mushrooms and steak were tender. Sadly we were too full for dessert. We just want to say thank you for making our wedding supper for two sooooo special. I would highly recommend this for a romantic night out.

Reviewed January 20, 2016

This place is scary. While you're waiting for your mediocre meal to arrive, you can play the "Let's Guess the Last Time they Dusted" game with your party. Probably something like 1982 is the correct answer!

Some may find the restrooms to be interesting and kitschy with the dark wallpaper and gothic-style chained pendant lighting. For me, I thought the restroom looked like it should be in a horror movie.

As far as the food and service: food mediocre, service quite poor. I ordered the salmon special. I thought it had the typical frozen salmon flavor. The mashed potatoes were pretty good! Others at my table seemed unimpressed with their steak dishes.

A dinner on a slow night at this restaurant ended up being three hours for us. Not sure why the incredibly long lag in drinks, food and service?

Jeanmgt, Manager at House Of Embers, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2016

Thank you for selecting our restaurant for dining. We are sorry it did not meet your expectations. House of Embers is a supper club and some of the decor in the dining rooms does reflect the history of our 57 years in business. All of our antique lamps throughout the restaurant came from the previous House of Embers, including the lamp in the women's restroom. New and regular customers dining love seeing these antiques.
The salmon served is always bought fresh and trimmed by Sous Chef Bert. Its a very popular dish, pan seared, searved with spinach, and topped with a leek & saffron sauce.

All steaks and fresh fish are trimmed and portioned by Sous Chef Bert. All sauces, soups, glazes, dressings and desserts are made in our kitchen. The BBQ Ribs are smoked in our specially designed smokehouse. The Jumbo Shrimp and Friday Fish Fry are hand breaded in the kitchen with our special breadcrumb mixture. All desserts, Chocolate Carmel Toffee Cake, Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Pots de Creme, and Creme Brulee are made in house. As you can see, we take pride in all the food that is served in our restaurant.

Please, next time you come to visit, if you don't enjoy everything, let us know that evening.
Jean

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ventured out of our resort in search of a great place to celebrate our wedding anniversary during our last trip to the Dells. I had the petite Filet and added a 5oz lobster tail - it was just okay. My husband had a filet and snow crab legs which he loved. The dessert we asked for was not available so we went with the waiters suggestion of a chocolate cream cup of some sort- totally amazing!!!!!! I wish I would have asked what it was called again. It looked like chocolate pudding with whip cream but it was soooo much more than that. When you walk in the door you are taken back in time. No updates have been done in a very long time to the dining room. Very friendly staff and I would try again.

Reviewed January 16, 2016

I have been dining there over a 45 year period. 2nd generation family owned and operated, they have specials every night with several on Friday and Saturday plus early bird specials every night. Their Happy Hour from 4:30-6 pm has reduced drinks and appetizers in the bar. Live music on weekends on the large patio and Tiki Bar in the warm months and in the lounge occasionally in the winter months. Food is scratch cooked and is above average quality and value for the area. Many homemade signature entrees and deserts. Great drinks and top end liquor and wine selections. Decent beer selection with 6 on tap.