“Stay Far, Far Away”
Review of House Of Embers

House Of Embers
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Featuring Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Steaks, Seafood, Fresh Fish, and Pasta. We welcome families and large groups.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay Far, Far Away”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to dinner with my husband and two kids on Saturday night about 8ish. The place was almost empty. Should have taken it as a sign. I ordered the ribeye with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. The ribeye tasted like leather (it was not good quality at all). I swear it was cooked frozen. The carrots were overcooked and the mash was thick and dry. My husband ordered the full rack of ribs with steak fries. He said the ribs tasted like reheated leftovers and the potatoes were burned. I ordered the bread service with dinner. The rolls were so hard if hit against a plate, they made noise. Our kids both had the chicken strips with fries. Thank goodness that was just frozen and needed to be thrown in the deep fryer. The drinks were made great (nice old fashions). So kudos to the bar tender. The waitress was slow and not available when we needed something. The place wasn't busy.
We would have been more pleased eating at McDonalds! Myy husband became so sick about four in the morning. He couldn't stop vomiting. Instead of spending the last day of our vacation at the indoor water park we left early stopping every 45 minutes so he could throw up. Thanks House of Embers! The worse $100 I ever spent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CatrinaR553

The Colony, Texas
“A pretty good meal”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went here with a bunch of friends since I used to live just down the street from this place. Most of the stuff is pretty pricey, but they do have a decent selection moderately priced items. I got the burger and it was pretty good for the price. Service could have been a little better, but I'm pretty sure most of the waiters and waitresses were new and still learning the ropes so I'll give them that. I'll probably be back the next time I'm in town.

• Visited June 2012
Northwest Indiana
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The House of Embers is always a great choice in the Dells. It's our restaurant of choice for Saturday night dinner and we've never been disappointed. I requested one of the private rooms to celebrate my husband's birthday and it was very nice.

Visited November 2012
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Just happened to be in the area. We were referred to the restaurant by the front desk. The service was spot on. We had the Wine and apps. The food was amazing. My wife loved the booth in front of the fireplace. We completed our perfect night out with the cheesecake. Yumm! We will be back.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great service and food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent wine selection, we picked a wonderful moscato. Prompt and attentive service. I had the prime rib and lobster tail ($37) special and both were perfectly cooked. Not the best spices on the prime rib, but it was exactly as I ordered and quite juicy. Twice baked was awesome. Mushrooms that accompanied the steak were excellent. My wife had the NY Strip over garlic mashed and was just as pleased. The salad is your choice of lettuce or spinach. We both went with the spinach and it came with fresh spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, and carrots. What made it was this pineapple honey dressing that was unique and just plain awesome.

With the bottle and the meal, it came to be $92 - I thought perfectly priced for the flavor.

• Visited October 2012