“Great service and food”

House Of Embers
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: Featuring Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Steaks, Seafood, Fresh Fish, and Pasta. We welcome families and large groups.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent wine selection, we picked a wonderful moscato. Prompt and attentive service. I had the prime rib and lobster tail ($37) special and both were perfectly cooked. Not the best spices on the prime rib, but it was exactly as I ordered and quite juicy. Twice baked was awesome. Mushrooms that accompanied the steak were excellent. My wife had the NY Strip over garlic mashed and was just as pleased. The salad is your choice of lettuce or spinach. We both went with the spinach and it came with fresh spinach, tomatoes, walnuts, and carrots. What made it was this pineapple honey dressing that was unique and just plain awesome.

With the bottle and the meal, it came to be $92 - I thought perfectly priced for the flavor.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Walked to the House of Embers the evening we got to Wisconsin Dells....long drive, we were both very tired and not expecting a whole lot. The food was well beyond what we were expecting. Walleye done beautifully with an incredible taste....a touch of maple and crushed pecans....very nice. Great salad, rolls and scalloped potatoes...wonderful meal. They sat us in a booth surrounded by those long curtains...I did not care for that..but that is my fault I'm sure they would have moved us upon our request. If we are ever in the Dells again...this will be our first stop.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner because of a coupon we had for $10.00 off. We had also read that they have the best ribs in the Dells. Everything seemed ok but then we received our bill which was around $60.00. They took $10 off for the coupon and then added $9.00 for gratuity I was really pissed of at that. Then to make matters worst, the credit card receipt listed tip and order total. I was very surprised that after including gratuity that they would expect the average customer to tip again. Which is what we did , so on a $49.99 tab we actually tipped $15.00. I felt ripped off, the food was ok but adding gratuity was not ok, especially if you're on a budget. I am never going back here again and I will be sure to tell others not to go either.

1  Thank wisconsindellsguest
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Me and my husband did a dells trip to have a weekend away. We thought oh Lets try something new. When we arrived they sat us in a outdated Booth with food splatter on the wall. The waitress was ok. We ordered potato skins which looked out of a box. My husband ordered the 1/3 rack of ribs. That came with a scoop of small potatoes and 5 sliced carrots. I ordered the surf and turf which was a filet and crab cake. My steak came completely burnt, my crab cake was cold and the potatoes were somewhat edible. Not to mention how much they charge for extras. We left and we will never be back.

1  Thank nicki21082
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I decided to try the House of Embers for the first time and were pleasantly pleased. Oring as it may sound, we both tried the Smoked Ribs and BBQ Chicken combination, white meat for me; dark meat for her. It was exceptional. The ribs are some of the best I've had, requiring no addition of sauce and the chicken was seasoned to perfecton, along with the mashed potatoes w/skin within, and carrots cooked to perfection. The addition of the available alfresco dining added to the experience as a hummingbird hovered slowly around th ebeautiful flowering plant just near our table.

1  Thank Clinton W