“Best walleye I've ever had!”
Review of House Of Embers

House Of Embers
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Featuring Hickory Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Steaks, Seafood, Fresh Fish, and Pasta. We welcome families and large groups.
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best walleye I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Walked to the House of Embers the evening we got to Wisconsin Dells....long drive, we were both very tired and not expecting a whole lot. The food was well beyond what we were expecting. Walleye done beautifully with an incredible taste....a touch of maple and crushed pecans....very nice. Great salad, rolls and scalloped potatoes...wonderful meal. They sat us in a booth surrounded by those long curtains...I did not care for that..but that is my fault I'm sure they would have moved us upon our request. If we are ever in the Dells again...this will be our first stop.

Visited September 2012

“I am never going to eat here again !!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner because of a coupon we had for $10.00 off. We had also read that they have the best ribs in the Dells. Everything seemed ok but then we received our bill which was around $60.00. They took $10 off for the coupon and then added $9.00 for gratuity I was really pissed of at that. Then to make matters worst, the credit card receipt listed tip and order total. I was very surprised that after including gratuity that they would expect the average customer to tip again. Which is what we did , so on a $49.99 tab we actually tipped $15.00. I felt ripped off, the food was ok but adding gratuity was not ok, especially if you're on a budget. I am never going back here again and I will be sure to tell others not to go either.

1 Thank wisconsindellsguest
Milwaukee
“Disgusting”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Me and my husband did a dells trip to have a weekend away. We thought oh Lets try something new. When we arrived they sat us in a outdated Booth with food splatter on the wall. The waitress was ok. We ordered potato skins which looked out of a box. My husband ordered the 1/3 rack of ribs. That came with a scoop of small potatoes and 5 sliced carrots. I ordered the surf and turf which was a filet and crab cake. My steak came completely burnt, my crab cake was cold and the potatoes were somewhat edible. Not to mention how much they charge for extras. We left and we will never be back.

1 Thank nicki21082
Crete, Illinois, United States
“Balmy Night Alfresco”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I decided to try the House of Embers for the first time and were pleasantly pleased. Oring as it may sound, we both tried the Smoked Ribs and BBQ Chicken combination, white meat for me; dark meat for her. It was exceptional. The ribs are some of the best I've had, requiring no addition of sauce and the chicken was seasoned to perfecton, along with the mashed potatoes w/skin within, and carrots cooked to perfection. The addition of the available alfresco dining added to the experience as a hummingbird hovered slowly around th ebeautiful flowering plant just near our table.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Clinton W
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“Terrible service and mediocer food”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant for the last night of our honeymoon. The outside atmosphere looked lovely so we decided to eat there. We arrived and were not greeted, but just stared at and we were forced to introduce ourselves. We had made reservations so we didn't have to wait. We were told that they were short staffed for the night, so we waited much longer than needed at our table just waiting to meet our waitress. It took about five minutes before we got any water, which I realize isn't that long in perspective but when you're sitting there with nothing to do it feels much longer. There are much cheaper restaurants that I've been to and had much faster service. Many of the menu items were, in our opinions over priced considering how cheap the inside still looked. We ordered crab cakes, which was the only thing that we enjoyed about our meal, and escargot. The Escargot was the worst I've ever tasted. It was rubbery, had a dirty taste and had a terrible after taste. The entrees we ordered were the prime rib and lobster and the BBQ chicken and ribs. The prime rib was good, but my husband ordered it well done and received it medium rare. His butter for the lobster was so hot that it exploded at the table and we had to blow out the flame beneath it. I was sprayed on my arm and head with butter. My ribs were good but not as good as I'd hoped. The sign said that they were voted best in the area, but to be honest I've had much better at a Ruby Tuesday. My chicken was good on the outside, nice, and crispy but the chicken itself tasted like gingerbread and definitely not what chicken should taste like. I wanted to tell the waitress we didn't like our food but I didn't see the point. She didn't ask us how we liked our food at any point either. She was only there to drop off the food and take it away. When we left no one said thank you or have a goodnight. Nether of us are the type to complain but when we left our food was not sitting well with us. I know it is not food poisoning because that takes longer to set in, but we both started to feel like we were going to vomit. When we got back to our hotel my husband did do just that. At that point I felt the need to call the restaurant and see if we could get a refund. He was of no help or sympathy. I felt like he was calling me a liar. He told me he knew the food was fresh and there was no way we got food poisoning. I agreed with him and I said that I know it's not food poisoning but something was still wrong. He asked if we were at water parks today or did anything else strenuous like that, but we hadn't. I can see how that could be relevant but I just felt like I was on trial while talking with him. I also understand that he needs to protect the business against people that would scam the restaurant, but I was not one of those people and didn't like being treated as such. I work in customer service and this was the worst I've every had in person and over the phone. We spent about 85 dollars on our dinner and I was hoping for some better treatment. I would've at least liked to get my husbands dinner refunded since he was the only one that vomited. We will NEVER be returning to this restaurant and will make sure all of our friends and family know not to go here as well. My husband is still sick and not getting any better. He's fallen asleep now, but he is moaning in his sleep and saying that it hurts (meaning his stomach).

• Visited September 2012