“We followed the billboards” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ravina Bay Bar & Grill

Ravina Bay Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beautiful view of Lake Delton from the Deck or the from our inside bar or dining room. Signature burgers and sandwiches, pizza, chargrilled wings, extensive salad selection. Friday Night Fish Fry. A unique plated Brunch menu offered 9am-12pm Saturdays-Sundays all season long!!
Burnsville, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We followed the billboards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We ended up at Ravina Bay after over an hour wait at another restaurant. We followed the billboards along the road and ended up being seated immediately on an outdoor patio "overlooking" Lake Delton. There were no mosquitoes, shade, and minimal wind so it was an excellent choice for a dining location. We were seated around 6:30 and were bummed as the restaurant is directly across from the Tommy Bartlett show starting around 8:00pm.

The food was great- I would recommend the cranberry chicken salad, or the Alabama Slammer Sliders. We shared Alabama Slammer Sliders, Bleu Sliders, Cranberry Chicken Salad, and the Cheese Curds. Bleu Sliders could have had more apples, and the Cheese curds were really nothing special. Food was a little overpriced considering the Dells is a Tourist town it was okay. Service was a 4/5 considering they were extremely busy and our waiter had a group of 20 (10 kids, 10 adults) and a couple other tables including us. The restaurant was off the beaten path of the dells and definitely was more relaxed and quite than other restaurants we have visited in the past.

I would definitely go there again, considering it was good food for the price, and the location of the restaurant was in a quiet, and somewhat serene location.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Clarkston, Michigan
“Quiet dinner on the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

indoor/outdoor seating; just as we arrived it started to rain and we had to move inside; not a very large menu but good food; limited selection for the kids; staff was great; guys liked the craft beer selection; able to walk down to the lake after the meal; was told if you come for a later meal you can see the Tommy Bartlett show from the patio.

Visited July 2014
“Favorite Restaurant in The Dells!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food, atmosphere, and service! We come back year after year and are never disappointed. We love eating outside on the large patio overlooking the lake!

2 Thank Rawhoof
Madison, Wisconsin
“Ravina Bay Downward Spiral - Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been coming to this place for years and up until our last two visits were generally happy with our visits.

This place is now to be avoided if possible. Ordered our meal and waited for quite some time before our server told us our food was ready but she was waiting for fresh French fries. Sounds nice of doesn't it.

Our food sat there while they waited five minutes or more for said fries. Needless to say our food came out cold. The pork in my dish was cold and the cheese was not even melted. Sent it back and waited ten minutes until she came back with my food.

This time the pork was warm, not hot and the cheese was tossed on their unmelted as well. The best part of it was that the dish had a whole containers worth of hot sauce thrown in as well.

I picked around the tacos for anything edible and told the sever this was unacceptable and I wanted to speak with a manager. She was pretty rude when she replied that the manager would see us in a bit but it was unlikely anything could be done.

A few minutes later some 20 year old guy with jeans and an untucked shirt walks over and asked what the kitchen could do in the future to improve and walked away before I could answer the question. Nice.

I thought it was one of the cooks or clean up guys who was messing around but sadly it was their manager.

Needless to say no action was taken and we will never be back. Way too may places to eat in the Wisconsin Dells area to waste time and money at this place.

Too top it off the food costs about 20% more and the service is terrible. We overheard other guests who were having issues with their food sucking and drinks coming out slow.

This was not always the case. I think the place was sold and the new owners have gone about doing business differently than the previous owners.

Maybe they should learn to treat people better and they might get repeat business. Fools. Not everyone up there is from another state and might want to come back.

Beautiful space and great views. Terrible manager and poor attitude. Avoid.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Robert M
Chicago, Illinois
“Awful dining experience and very Un-American on the 4th of July!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went into this place expecting to have dinner & see the fireworks for the 4th of July. I walked in with my daughter & my dad while my husband was parking the car. I asked the front staff, a young woman & a man, to give us a table where we can best view the fireworks. They said ok & led us to our table. We ordered our dinner then had my husband request for a table closer to the balcony that we saw was empty so we can have a better view but they refused because they didn’t want to change waitresses besides they said at our vantage point we could see it on top of the trees. When we were almost done with our meal we told the waitress, Jennifer, we were staying for fireworks & asked her what time will it start. She gave us an incredulous look and told us that it’s well known that you can’t see fireworks from their restaurant. She exclaimed you could only see it in downtown Wisconsin Dells. We expressed our surprise to her since I specifically asked for a table with the best view of the fireworks. She argued with us and did not believe us. We explained it to her again but she kept on arguing against us & told us we should’ve known better. We told her we were from out of town & this is deceitful of them to falsely lead us to believe that we got a table with a view of the fireworks. We also told her this is the second time we were deceived today and one was at Mt Olympus where we were told we could swim and watch the fireworks then when we got there they changed it to only watching fireworks but not swim. The waitress instead of showing empathy exclaimed in a condescending tone, "Did you buy cheap tickets then?!" Implying we were cheap. We told her she was rude & they were deceitful but she continued to argue against us. We demanded an apology from her, the manager & the front desk staff. She said she'd do that & walked away. Then came a woman acting manager accused us immediately for being loud, disturbing other customers & at the same time defending the waitress without listening to us. She loudly told us to leave without any apology while we continued to argue. Then the cook/bouncer followed us to the parking lot & got our car plates. He threatened us that he called the police since we didn’t pay our tab. He told me in a whisper, "You don't belong in this town." My husband argued back at him that he didn’t make sense coz they kicked us out then accused us of running away from the tab. My husband paid the tab then I asked who was the manager so we know who to complain to. The cook/bouncer guy said it was Adam but he wasn’t there. I asked what their names were and the cashier boy said they could not divulge it. I asked why but he refused. We got out of there very upset and crying. Why would they mistreat us and think we’re cheap?! We were dressed nice & behaved like the other customers there. Is it because we were not White?! It was horrible.Very Un-American on the 4th of July.

6 Thank Edjedash D