“Needs some work” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lake Delton
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Needs some work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

When we arrived to check-in, we were informed that the previous night there was a fire in one of their buildings. Needless to say the front desk staff was distracted. After getting checked in, we located our room. We noticed immediately that the place needs a facelight...it looked really seedy.
Our room was clean, but there was a HORRIBLE mildewy, wet basement smell. We were just going to open the patio door, but the ant problem out on the deck changed our mind. We had called twice to the front desk to complain...both times we were told they were full (no other rooms available), and they would come right away with some air freshner. Both times they never showed.
The only thing going for this place is the nice outdoor pool. The lifeguard at the slide was really nice and helped the kids. It was perfect for my toddler.
My recommendation is to spend your hard earned money on somewhere else. It is the dells, and there plenty of places to stay.

1 Thank Melissa H

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booked my rooms through Kayak.com. Needed a cheap but relatively entertaining place to stay that was close to Noah's Ark and this fit the bill! Our room was nothing fancy but was clean, relatively quiet, and upkept. My only complaints are that the TV was old and we only had a few channels. Our bathroom was on the small side but the fixtures were newer and not detached from the actual tub (which I've seen at pricier places). All in all I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank micromaniac
Bradford, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here after checking out of a room we were supposed to stay in, due to poor conditions. We had considered staying here, so it was our first choice when we needed to find a place, quick. The lady at the desk was very nice AND sympathetic. We were able to get a nice room for a reasonable rate. There were lots of kids in the pools and people looked pretty happy. The room is clean, the air conditioner works and there is a tv with a working remote and wifi. One thing they did not have, which we missed, was a coffee pot. Otherwise, a good value with nice amenities.

Room Tip: There are pool-side rooms and rooms in buildings away from the pool area, depending on whether you w...
Platteville, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was cheap enough, and actually got it 4 days before we decided to go. However, the bed was rock hard, and the carpet smelled of pee. It was a King whirlpool suite, and the jets were horrible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Soren H

Travelers are raving about these Lake Delton hotels

alpha il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Still dirty room at 6:00 and check in time was 4:00, hair balls and white chunks (???) floating in both indoor pool and hot tub, the only decent water slide was closed due to a "tummy ache", dried vomit (or something even worse!!!) dried on the bathroom wall, it took 2 of us to open the sliding glass door, after satellite tv was advertised 6 channels were what we got, no "free wi-fi" either in your room as promised but instead in their lobby which was where the one and only microwave was, they ran out of Noahs Ark tickets and my husband had to run to their sister The Wintergreen to pick ours up. The only positive thing was NO BEDBUGS!!! We expected a little more for $118 plus tax a night. Thankfully we've been to The Dells before and know that it CAN be an enjoyable experience.... just not at this lousy hell hole.

2 Thank laurie s
Rockford,IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

1st off we got a very good deal on the hotel. For $49 a night so I cant really complain. Weve always seen it when we drive by and the awesome photos in the brouchure sure looks like a kids candyland dream come true. I have to say the outdoor pool area was very cute. Nothing too fancy but kids loved it. Were used to the big waterparks like Wilderness and Kalahari. But we just wanted somewhere cheap this time. The room was extremely clean. Bathroom was much cleaner than I expected. Nothing fancy...but everything was ok. Tv was old, but hey we werent there to watch tv. I have to say that the mattress was Terrible. Husband and I had very stiff backs while there. Couldnt wait to come to our comfy bed. Check in was easy... I heard a lady come in and ask when the waterslide would open and they said it opens at 2. When we went to the pool, the slide was closed. I asked an employee and he said it opens at 6pm. ??? 6pm rolled by and no slide open. The next day kids really wanted to go on the slide so I kept asking. Finally another employee told me that the slide was going to open in 1 hour and for 1 hour only. Thought that was kinda stupid. The pool was not crowded at all, as I thought it would be. The indoor pool was freezing so we never used it. But the outdoor area was nice. One very large complaint I do have to say is when I called to make reservations, I asked if there are patios and balconies at each room. The lady said Yes and asked me why. I told her because my husband is a smoker and will want somewhere to smoke since he cant smoke inside. When we got there, that night my husband was outside smoking on the patio and an employee walked by and told my husband to put his cigarette out or we would be charged a cleaning fee. What??? So there are other reviews about people sitting at the picnic table smoking... cause thats where they are told to go to, Stupid if you ask me. Anyways, the location is great. Even attached to pizza ranch. If you have a great deal, it a decent place.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great hotel to stay in. Others might get a different impression from the outside looks but inside the room it is nice and clean. The pool area was great. I usually hate staying in a place where the bathroom is unclean and moldy. It was total opposite here. The bathtub was very clean and new. Great location right across Noahs Ark. The customer service at the hotel is impeccable. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. I wouldnt recommend a better place to stay at Wisconsin Dells.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Delton
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#4 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suite...
#32 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#15 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & ...
#14 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Wintergreen Resort & Conference ...
#20 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Carousel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!