“Ehhh we won't be back!”

Field's at the Wilderness
Reserve with OpenTable
Field's at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We wanted a good steakhouse. We both got the filet. I thought mine was good. My boyfriend's was came out medium when he ordered well done. I wasn't a fan of the atmosphere. Like the other reviews say they rush you! They try to act like a 5 star restaurant and it definitely isn't. There was a table sitting next to us with two kids probably about 10 and 12 in age. The 12 year old was totally obnoxious! Definition of "spoiled rich kid"!!! He was very loud and yelling at his Father because "he wanted to go to Europe next time Daddy goes"!!! Wow! This argument went on the whole time they were waiting for their food. For as top scale as this place tries to be the staff should've done something instead of just staring in disbelief like we were. I was patiently waiting for something to be said and it never was. Must not have wanted to ruin their tip from these high class people!! This is something I would totally expect at a chain like Applebees, but the sound of his whiney loud voice mixed with the piano playing didn't really do it for me! I think a glass of fountain soda was around $4 or $5! I had one glass of wine, my bf had soda, 2 filets and it came to over $100. There are better steak houses in the area where you can get the same filet for $25 to $30!

There are newer reviews for Field's at the Wilderness

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My co worker and I stopped here for apps and wine. The service was wonderful and when they ran out of the wine that we wanted they quickly offered a great substitute. THe wine and the apps were a good value. WE liked the idea of 1/2 bottles of wine. The Pizza we shared was crafted just for us and was very tasty. The atmosphere was tastefully done and did not seem like we were in the middle of Wi. Dells. The atmosphere was adult friendly. The only negative is the "player piano" seemed to play the same 3 or 4 songs over and over

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yes they give you first class service. Yes the place has a great atmosphere and depending where you're seated, some pleasant views. But the steaks are okay but far from great.

1  Thank JackB222
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a treat! Sunday night Bistro menu at the bar!!! A nice glass of wine and smaller meal was just what we were looking for. The dining room is lovely but we were dressed more casually and didn't want the big meal. Loved the more casual style. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was a welcome change from the pizza and burgers around the Dells. The food high qhaulity, and the environment was very nice.