“Nice birthday treat”

Field's at the Wilderness
Reserve with OpenTable
Field's at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
“Nice birthday treat”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go here to celebrate me getting older. We were greeted with a friendly hello and smile and seated right away. The waiter was very well versed on the specials and the menu itself. I ordered the lobster and my fiancé ordered the filet. We also had an appetizer. All the food was very good and service was excellent. For the two of us with food and 1 drink apiece we payed $125 not including the tip. Not something we would do on a regular basis but I was very pleased with the experience.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Food Not Worth the Money”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a large group of about 20 & the service was awesome. We had a private dining room and the servers were super friendly and helpful. However, the food.... not good. My boyfriend & I shared a steak & still spent north of $70 and the food was just not up to par. Could get this kind of food anywhere in the Dells and not spend a fortune.

Visited July 2013
fieldssteakhouse, Manager at Field's at the Wilderness, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi Chelsey,

Thank you for coming in to dine with us last month. Also, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate all feedback.
I am glad to hear the service was awesome! We strive to provide our guests with the best service here :)
I will pass along your feedback to the kitchen in regards to your meal. Please give me a heads up if you choose to dine with us in the future... I will make sure we take great care of you and your boyfriend!

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your summer!
“Well prepared food, great service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Dinner was delicious and perfectly prepared, the service was great. Charging for refills on children's drinks and a $5 charge for a plate to split a meal, plus not taking a off-tasting desert left us feeling cheated. Our family will not return to this restaurant on any of our future annual trips to the Dells! Management needs to look at their present practices and make appropriate changes!

• Visited July 2013
“Good Food a Bit Pricey but Worth It”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was the best food we ate during our stay at the Dells. Very good service, very nice decor, and the steak and fish that we ordered were very good. The prices were a bit high, but compared to the prices we paid at other restaurants vs. the quality of food - this place was worth it.

Visited July 2013
Palos Hills, Illinois
“Skip unless your desperate for a steak”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We came here with a group of 20 in February 2013. After friends raved about the place we decided to give it a try. Big mistake. Being from Chicago, I can find 20 other restaurants that are not only better food wise, but price wise as well. I will never come back to this restaurant as the prices far exceded the food quality.

• Visited February 2013