“The food is sooo good here, the view is amazing”

Ishnala Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“The food is sooo good here, the view is amazing”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This restaurant is situated in such a beautiful setting from when you first drive up to outside on the decks having a drink to the views from the inside. The warm bread with a nice cheese spread is so good. My husband and I both had the aged Filet.... It melts in your mouth. I had the bernaise sause with mine and my husband kept putting it on his steak he loved it so much. We were so full...but when they brought the dessert tray we couldn't resist......The Food is Excellent...the service is great..the views are amazing over looking mirror lake its a really cool place. Very Pricey......But worth every dollar.

1 Thank ksg18

WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, food..just ok”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband and I ate at Ishnala last week. I couldn't wait to try the food there, I had only been there for a few drinks, but not yet tried the food. The service was fantastic! We ordered cheese curds as our app and then my husband ordered a steak, I ordered the cheese raviolli. I thought that raviolli was supposed to be a pasta, but what appeared on my plate looked like 5 giant deep fried cheese curds drowning in marinara. I only ate 1 of them, and threw the rest away. My husband asked for medium rare steak and it came to him med well with NO flavor. We were disappointed, especially for the price of the meal. But it is a beautiful place on the lake, and the service was great. I would only come here for drinks, NOT the food;-(

1 Thank Armywife4life
madison
“Lost its touch”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I haven't been to Ishnala for a few years because the food and service had been terrible. I thought maybe the management has changed and the food might be good. The view of Mirror Lake has always been great but it is nice to have a good meal, My daughter picked this place to go for Father's Day. Needless to say, all that was good was the view. My husband and I wanted to share a meal, however that would be an extra cost of $8.00. Wake up management!!! People do not want to eat large meals and shouldn't have to pay extra to share a meal. I just told the server that I would not be eating tonight and still shared his meal. The food was average. The service was terrible. Our sever never cleared any plates until I stacked them up at the end of the table. Menu needs refreshing ideas. Seems to be old supper club entrees. Next time its House of Embers where sharing a meal is not a problem.

4 Thank thebladeswall33
Milwaukee, WI
“Incredible View of the Lake and Amazing Bar with Great Food”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Just ate at Ishnala this week and must say I was very impressed, even after the high bar set by several friends who have been there. Almost every table has a view of Mirror Lake and the architecture is just so unique. Definitely feels like you went back in time 50+ years. Not sure why others here said it's gone downhill - sometimes memories are hard to live up to. But the food and service were excellent. Prices were high but reasonable. And just walking outside on the decks and around the oval bar with giant glass walls overlooking the lake made it worth the visit.

2 Thank hesko
Rockford, Illinois
“The best.”
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Been dining at Ishnala since 1982. Best steaks I've ever eaten and service has been superb.

I don't say this lightly. I've eaten in restaurants from Scotland overlooking Loch Ness to Japan and all over the United States. Ishnala is the one I've enjoyed the most.

2 Thank Craig S