“OMGosh it couldn't have been better”

Ishnala Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Beautiful view from every table. Very friendly and attentive service. Our steak was cooked to perfection with wonderful beef flavor. The rolls (yummmmm) the augratin potatoes...it was so wonderful. We will absolutely come again. This is the true supper club that everyone can enjoy. Oh yea! Get the salty sweet carmel cake even if you think you're too full...:)

2  Thank antwo5

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wonderful service, spectacular view of Mirror Lake and superb food. We always arrive early for a drink on the veranda overlooking the lake - what a view! Expansive menu and mouth-watering food. Been coming to this restaurant for 45 years and never once have we been disappointed. We actually make special trips to the dells just to be able to dine here.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The wait was approximately 90 minutes, which is what we were told and not unexpected during prime tourist season. We had a couple of drinks and cheese curds while we waited, which were good, but the bartender was rude. There was a piano player singing slightly off key in the bar area :-)

Our food was great: Rib eye and lobster with asparagus for my husband and MIL, and prime rib with a baked potato for me. The rib eye was slightly under cooked from what they ordered, but tasty. We had a fabulous server who was very attentive to all of our needs. My husband felt like his salad was over dressed, but I had the same salad (blue cheese wedge) and didn't feel like there was too much dressing. Overall, just a bit of inconsistency in the meal,

I loved the little cinnamon rolls that were served with the regular bread--one of those little quirks that I love about places like this.

I feel like the prices were so high simply because it's in the Dells--no other reason. I'd love to give this place a higher rating because it was such a great throw-back to childhood supper club experience, but I can't.

Tee Pee Bar? Wigwam room? Bright Tee-pees framing the entrance? Really? Even for Wisconsin this was beyond tacky and racist. This is one of those quirks that needs to go. What a lost opportunity when it comes to local culture. Native American history is rich in this area, and Ishnala just ignores it.

The other tradition I've forgotten about in the Wisconsin supper club? The extreme over use of meat tenderizer, as evidenced by the need for immodium the next day.

6  Thank SunnyAndrsn
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Ishnala is one of those special places that lives in your memory, once you have been there.

First of all, the setting on Mirror Lake is lovely and peaceful. Ask for a window seat, so you can appreciate the view.

Second, the service is very good. The wait staff has obviously been well trained. They are polite and friendly and helpful..

Finally, the menu is varied, and the food and drinks are excellent.

Following our meal, we sat outside on the porch and enjoyed an after dinner drink, taking in the view of the lake. It truly is a serene spot.

One note. This is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. Be aware that it will be an expensive evening; however, it is well worth it.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This summer has been super busy. I finally found time to get away and have a nice evening meal with my wife. There's only one place that fits the bill- Ishnala. We just love the atmosphere and vibe the property delivers.

Ishnala is beautiful and amazing! I always feel excited and full of anticipation driving up to the main entrance. The drive back to the restaurant is when you start to unwind, slow down and relax. When we parked and exited the car we could hear Sinatra singing from the speakers in the parking lot. (Who does that?-Only Ishnala)

The service and food is the best in the area- hands down. I ordered the Filet with 2 Lobster tails and it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten! Our server was excellent, frequently checking on us and filling our drinks. No long gaps between visits, from the time we sat down till we got up to leave, she was waiting on us. The owner Bob stopped by our table to see how everything tasted and if we were enjoying our evening. With huge smiles and happy tummies we said "yes." It felt like everyone working there truly cared about our experience.

If you've never been before-
Ishnala is set back in the woods on Mirror Lake. The setting is beautiful with a very unique landscape. The building is an old log cabin that was converted into a bar and restaurant. Scenes from the movie Public Enemy with Johnny Depp were filmed onsite a couple years ago too.

Conclusion-
Ishnala is a must visit place, when in the Dells. It's located right behind the outlet mall on Ishnala Rd. It’s a great place for families, couples or friends. You won't be disappointed. If you want a relaxing night out with great food, you know where to go- Ishnala.

1  Thank dellmanager