“One of my best dinners EVER.”

Ishnala Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Wintergreen Resort, and as we had in the past, asked the bartender where to eat, nearby, something we hadn't tried before. The bartender, Dave, was a long time local, born and raised in the area, and suggested Ishnala and gave us the simple directions. The ambiance was lovely. The scenery was beautiful. It was historic, and delicious. There was an hour wait for dinner, so we had a drink at the bar first, then moved outside to stand on the deck overlooking the water which other than 1 boat we saw come in, was as still as glass. There were no bugs or mosquitoes, the place was packed but it was peaceful and tranquil. My dinner was melt in your mouth, to die for. Seriously, I got a tenderloin tips in a burgandy type sauce with mushrooms entree, a baked potato and salad. Very Very Good and our waiter was excellent and attentive. He couldnt have been better. I do have a small complaint about the smug bartender though. Although we were waited on immediately, I asked about a bloody mary, if they were made from scratch and if I could tell him how to make mine since I do not like too spicy and I like more worcestershire and lemon. He told me that it is a mix and that they've been voted the 2nd best in the state and thats what I'll get basically. He was quite rude about it. I understand he was busy but, I expected an offer to make it from scratch, or give me a sample taste tester of the mix to see if I like it first. He did none of that, only insisted that I would like it because it was voted 2nd best in the state. Well, honestly, it didn't get my vote for 2nd best, it was spicier than I would like it to be and it was $10. I sipped on it the whole time I was there. It wasn't bad, but it didn't win my vote. It did however have lots of appetizers in it as a garnish, and that was great! However, while sipping on it at the bar, I got a text and he commented something about he should take my phone away. I'm not sure what that was about. Maybe I wasn't concentrating on the bloody mary enough, or drinking it fast enough. I'm not sure. I couldn't drink it any faster, it was spicy. In any case, other than the bartender, it was a wonderful night and I'd surely go back. Truly a fine establishment.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was our first time going to Ishnala with friends that are true dedicated patrons. We now understand why and can't believe this has been here in the Dells all along. Tucked back on Mirror Lake to provide the most serene views the state has to offer. That's just the ambiance!

In true supper club fashion we enjoyed the King's Old Fashioned and Ishnala cocktails prior to dinner. They serve up a delicious cheese spread with crackers prior to dinner. Most in our group enjoyed steaks. With dinner sides include salads with homemade dressings, vegetable servings including a twice baked potato option, and warm fresh rolls. The vegetarian in our group had no issue ordering off menu reporting in that the meal was one of the best yet!

Overall we highly recommend this in a Dells trip or if just driving through the Dells as a must stop.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Husband and I arrived at 7:45 pm and we were told the wait may be up to an hour and 15 minutes. However, we were able to sit at the bar and order drinks and an appetizer while we waited. What a view! It only took 30 minutes for our table and the service was excellent! Our server Jamie was very informed about the specials and the menu. Our food was timely, and was very good. We look forward to a return visit!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a must see even if you don't eat there. Just getting there is an adventure, it is way back in the woods right on the edge of the river. I would describe it more but I would rather you experience it yourself! This place is not cheap but the food was fantastic!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Dells for years and this was a first.. And second visit to Ishnala. My husband and I had gone by ourselves to celebrate our anniversary, from the moment we turned on to this beautiful winding road through the woods to this quant cottage on Mirror Lake. The setting is just beautiful and so peaceful. Upon entering the restaurant we had decided to have a drink before dinner. We had sat in the lower deck bar that overlooks the lake with decks on either side. With Frank Sinatra music playing overhead you feel as if you have entered an era gone by. We had ordered a Bloody Mary that just happened to be one of the best my husband and I have ever had. Not only was it a drink but the garnish of shrimp, pickle, pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese was an appetizer too! We so much enjoyed the beauty of our surroundings and our bartender Clay was just fabulous! You definitely need to visit him in the lower deck bar for a drink before dinner! He makes a mean Bloody Mary, pink moccasin, and a great King's old fashion! We had such a lovely time that we had come back the next day for dinner with our family! When we arrived the following day the hostesses had remembered us and our names! They had made us feel like family! The food is phenomenal! Huge portions! The fillet was delicious! My husband had the ribs, my children had the fettuccini Alfredo. The best meal we have had! Appetizers we had the duck tenders which were also fantastic the cheese and crackers before the meal was awesome too!! Meals come with a lovely salad, they make their own blue cheese, ranch, and Caesar dressings. A basket of warm bread with a sweet surprise of cinnamon rolls that were to die for!! Just a suggestion when ordering mushrooms or onions with your steak just have one order for the table. Huge portions! I cannot believe that we had room for dessert but after seeing their dessert tray we couldn't resist! My favorite was the salted caramel crunch cake! Yummy!
Ishnala is truly a hidden gem. The service was top notch. They made you feel like so welcome like you were family. The atmosphere is so inviting. The attire, contrary to the previous reviewer is casual. There were people dressed up but there was also people in shorts, tank top, and flip flops! So come as you are and come hungry and enjoy a fabulous dinner and drinks in a beautiful and peaceful setting. It was such a relief getting away from the hustle and bustle of waterparks and downtown. It's only a five minute drive!

1  Thank JenniferHighland_IN