“Great Surprise In The Northwoods”
Review of LaCasa Mexicana

LaCasa Mexicana
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Cuisines: Mexican
Lemont, Illinois
“Great Surprise In The Northwoods”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a whim and wound up having a great time along with a great Mexican meal. This was not your squeeze cheese and soggy chips place. The tortilla chips were fresh and the salsa had the right amount of heat. The fajitas were done perfectly as were the burritos. Everything was fresh and seasoned well. Even the fish selections were very good. We will go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BDG6610

“Good quality Mexican food for a decent price in the Northwoods!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and had an excellent chimichanga with the best Mexican rice I have ever had! Will definitely visit again when in the area!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KimE_RN
Mabank, Texas
“Great Mexican food in Wisconsin”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Being from Texas, but living in Wisconsin, I miss good Mexican food restaurants. My husband and I stumbled across LaCasa Mexicana in Ladysmith one Sunday, and are so glad that we did. The chips are thick yellow corn chips served warm, the salsa is fresh and pureed well. I ordered the chicken enchiladas and rice. The chicken in shredded, seasoned, and cooked with onions and peppers, then wrapped in a corn tortilla and covered in a red ranchero sauce. The rice is moist and seasoned; the best rice we've had up here so far. My husband had chimichangas that were very good, also. They have excellent brewed iced tea; which is hard to find. We will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Carol G
Racine, Wisconsin
“Traditional Tasty Mexican Meal”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Brightly colored booths, chairs and tables greet you at LaCasa Mexicana. The menu is extensive. My waiter was very polite explaining the different items that were on special (they change daily) A basket of chips and bowl of salsa are brought to the table when you arrive. You can order additional chips if you need more. I ordered a beef burrito, rice and beans. A word of caution The plate is HOT! the menu tells you this, but they're NOT KIDDING! My food arrived in a very timely manner. There is additional seating at the back of the restaurant. The restrooms were clean, but not as brightly decorated as the rest of the place. If you're looking for a tasty HOT (temperature) Mexican meal, this is the place for you. The prices are reasonable for the quantity of food that is provided. I LOVED IT! Wish they would open one in my city.

• Visited June 2013