“Great time, great place”

and 1 more site!
Lake of the Torches Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lac du Flambeau
Conrath, Wisconsin, United States
“Great time, great place”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Spent friday night and enjoyed the seafood buffet, every item was nicely prepared and fresh and presentable. The staff from the desk, to the waitstaff, bartenders and casino workers were all very neat and friendly, well done, everyone, we will certainly return. The pool area, too, was up and above what we expected, very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Judith D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. We've stayed here twice in the past 2 years & we've been very pleased. Our room was very spacious & clean. The pool area is great for small children as there is a separate pool for them.

My only complaint was that the front desk staff was very rude both at check-in & check-out. In an economy like this you'd think you could find more personable staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 60270Familyof4
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This casino and Hotel was recommended by many as a very nice place and great food. We came in late January to see a special guest. The room was not very nice for the price, very plain. TV was horrible, wall noise from room to room was loud and floor noise too. The buffets were atrocious, the food was old and dry, and very poor variety. The only other food option was a food court that had specific hours for anything hot. The pool area looked nice, we just didn't get down to it. The casino was pretty small, with tons of 1 cent machines, and talk about tight with the payouts...omg!!! The smoking was bad in there too. Bartender at the bar was a generous pour though, that was a plus.

Room Tip: stay up if you can? Just gamble if you have to much money cause your guaranteed to lose it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrew t

Travelers are raving about these Lac du Flambeau hotels

wisconsin
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The price of the hotel rooms is right if you use the coupons from the casino ( must have a players card). Rooms are nice. The staff were very helpfull. Nice pool and whilpool area. The pizza is the casino was very good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrtire1
morton grove
Reviewed April 23, 2011

been here many times,now live in the chicago area. this is the best casino, i have been to. always stay a couple of nights have been to all the casinos around chicago,ind, wis,mich,lake taho,but kave always done good at here,everyone here is always helpful,nice staff,food good,rooms nice,it seems that this casino run by the tribe,pays out much more offten, then casinos taxed by the state the casino,us in, some here in the chicago area are taxed 70 percent whats left for the player? will continue to enjoy this casino, with my mom and rest of fammily@friends. lenny chicago

Room Tip: book early,
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank play53
Milwaukee
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The rooms were spacious, had a northwoods theme, and were very enjoyable. I was impressed with the friendliness of the front desk staff - they were even joking with me, giving me info, and went well above the call of duty.

The whole hotel portion of the casino has a great vibe to it with a fun looking pool, beautiful lobby, and a wonderful northwoods theme throughout. The buffet at the restaurant between the hotel and the casino was one of the better casino buffets I have had in a long time (pork tenderloin was to die for)!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank FunnyFisher
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 7, 2010

First off, let me say that the facility is beautiful, and well kept. The physical environment was not an issue for me at all. It was other issues that have me struggling to write this review.

3 years ago, some friends and I stayed at Lake of the Torches to start our annual golf weekend, and got a great room, for approximately $60/night. That was with a 20% discount for being a “players club” member. This year, when making the reservations, I was told the room rate was $85/night, and even though we had the players club card from our previous stay, because it “probably” didn’t have 100 points on it, the reservationist couldn’t give us the 20% off of the room this time. That wasn’t an issue 3 years ago; we signed up for the card the day that we checked in, and received the discount!!

Another thing that was odd was the amount of kids in the casino’s snack bar area. There were perhaps 5 little kids (ranging from 1 to 7 or so) in the snack bar; that struck me as odd, as I thought you were supposed to be 21 to enter the casino. Plus, several of the kids didn’t have shirts on, or were running around in diapers, which is not the most appealing thing to see when ordering food.

That was all on Thursday night; the rest of the evening was uneventful, other than no one in our group did well at the casino. Oh well, it just wasn’t our night!!

Friday morning I was awake around 6:30, in the hopes of getting a workout, sauna, and swim in before leaving the hotel for our golfing. The workout room was available 24 hours per day, but I was shocked to see that the pool/sauna area didn’t open until 8:00 a.m. That can’t go over well with businesspeople that want to get a swim or sauna in before heading to meetings, conferences, etc.!! No major harm done, other than making the turnaround time a little tighter in getting ready to get checked out…

The breakfast buffet was awesome – the server that helped our group was great. She was friendly, very helpful, and fun to chat with.

Check-out was uneventful, other than the person who handled my check-out didn’t bother to ask how the stay was; if she had, I might have talked her ear off!!

All in all, my stay at the Lake of the Torches was adequate, but a bit disappointing in getting our golf weekend off to a rousing start. We may be back, but I will probably try other casino/hotels first before booking again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
The Waters of Minocqua
The Waters of Minocqua
#3 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Lake of the Torches Resort Casino? Share your experiences!