“Great B&B Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill House on Main

Mill House on Main
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Valle
Mill House on Main
Ranked #1 of 2 La Valle B&B and Inns
Indiana
“Great B&B Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

This was the first Bed & Breakfast that I have been to, and I was a little hesitant. Upon walking in, I didn't know what to expect because I felt like I was intruding. Little did I know, I was wrong. Lynda was very welcoming to me, and my extended family on our trip to LaValle for a family reunion. During our stay we had 5 rooms booked between family members. The house is very well put together and maintained. Because of my experience at the Mill House on Main, I will continue to stay at B&B's while visiting other towns/cities when traveling. On a final note, the food was great!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank ewjenki

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Madison WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2008

This is a charming and impressive B&B! Like another reviewer, a group of us stayed here during a bike ride across WI.

Because of the very mpressive host of amenties at the Mill House (washer/dryer, blow dryer, iron, sundries, etc etc) we did not have to carry anything extra on the ride.

The town of La Valle is charming and hosts a great market next door to the Mill House that stocks everything from lightbulbs to gourmet specialities, an antique store, and a wonderful restaurant (Log Cabin) just 2 blocks from the B&B.

We are already planning our next trip and stay here!

• Liked — White glove clean and stocked with anyhting you could possibly need!
  • Disliked — I did not know more about it before I got there.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank Madcitygal
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

Stayed at the Mill House on Main for two nights while we bicycled the Elroy-Sparta trail. B&B is right along the 400 Bike Trail, just a little farther than we thought from Elroy/Sparta, but we were so pleased with our experience that we would probably stay there again if we did Elroy-Sparta again.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable, many with private baths; jacuzzi tub in a common area, which is great after 32 mile bike ride. Room we stayed in was decorated in country style - we probably lean more towards Victorian, but room was very charming.

Good breakfast makes the $75/night rate we got a wonderful bargain. Hostess Lynda is a grandmother - pictures of her grandkids in the front parlor. We felt taken care of as if we were her grandkids. Lynda is a very sweet person and so accommodating to requests. House was great, price was great, but Lynda's welcoming nature was what really sold us. Would love to stay there again.

• Liked — Friendliness of hostess
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank Charg47

Been to Mill House on Main? Share your experiences!