“afternoon visit”

Tom's Burned Down Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The cafe is a unique tourist attraction. The bartender explained that the original bar/restaurant had burned. Tom decided to bring in a trailer to cook in and have an open air concept without rebuilding the original building. Unique atmosphere with unusual art items displayed and many quotes/sayings throughout. All seating is outside. Menu includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Very minimal food menu. A place to go just to say you've been there.

1  Thank Charlotte W

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Walk in, read all the signs, soak up the atmosphere. Walk out.

Was there on a Saturday night. Saw the burned pizza folks were getting. Spent a half hour and didn't order.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This place was AWESOME. It is made to look like a shack with tons of handmade signs. Great crowd, great bar, great servers with attitude, great location.

I wish the ferry ran longer so we could have stayed and met more locals and almost locals into the wee hours but lunch was all we could do. I dream about coming back!

Oh, use the bathroom, even if you don't have to go just go in and look around. And pet the dog.

1  Thank MAA1976
Reviewed July 2, 2014

After hearing people rave about this place, we stopped in for a drink after seeing the sea caves. The place is covered in signs with cute little saying on them. Buried within these is one that says, "We take major credit cards but we don't give them back"...meaning it's cash only. The bartender rather rudely pointed this out when I went to pay for my drinks. Like I was supposed to notice it amongst the dozens of other signs. Also, my 23 year old daughter forgot her ID and the bartender wouldn't serve her. I thought WI law allowed kids to drink if with their parents. Maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway...it's not a bad place. I just don't get what all the hoopla is about.

2  Thank buddha-becky
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Really. Mid day, drunk woman swearing at the bar, F-bomb in front of young kids. novelty environmnet, seen it - Not going back.

4  Thank Troy O