“Great Breakfast”

Grampa Tony's
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Grandpa Tony's is just a short walk from the ferry to Madeline Island. It has a great lake view from the curtain less windows.

My husband had pancakes and sausage; I had eggs, hashbrowns, toast, and ham. It was very delicious.

It was a little more than we wanted to pay, but after looking around the block, really the only thing open for breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Grampa Tony's

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Home style meals at a great price. Great outdoor upper level deck to enjoy the view of the lake while eating.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a late lunch at Grampa Tony's. My husband had an Italian Sub and I had a turkey bacon wrap. I believe we paid between about $9 for each, which didn't include any sides. Both the sandwich and the wrap were big so we were fine without sides. We waited a bit long for our sandwiches considering it wasn't very busy, but both were SOOO good that we felt they were worth the price and the wait. They have lovely balcony seating with umbrellas so you can watch people walk along the street and boats out on the water. This place is a definite must if you're eating out in La Pointe!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were expecting a Subway type sandwich and got something full of flavor and reasonable priced. The chicken caesar wrap had lots of chicken and a delicious dressing. Everything was very fresh. A delightful surprise.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ate at Tony's today, August 10, 2012. It was a sun-soaked day with temps in the high 60's...perfect weather. The sandwiches we had at Tony's were very good, including the garlic sub and Tony's. With our three teenage daughters, the total tab for the five of us was just short of $60. This seems a bit pricey, considering that we're ordering hamburgers / sub sandwiches, fries / chips, and fountain drinks. However, the sandwiches were MASSIVE in size. I'd strongly suggest that two people split the hamburger or sub. If so, then the price of the meal, given the good quality, is quite reasonable. Alternatively, you could take some of the meal home for "left overs." However, as we were at the island for a day trip, we didn't really want to haul around our left over food for the day. As for the service, it was somewhat slow. The place employees primarily adolescent males (Grampa Tony's grandson and his pals?) who, while polite, aren't the greatest at customer service. That said, I would definitely return to Grampa Tony's, with the only caveat being SPLITTING the meal with my companion(s).

Been to Grampa Tony's? Share your experiences!