“Waterview”

Pub Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed August 18, 2018

If you are looking for a nicer place to eat that has a water view on Madeline Island, The Pub is the place. The other places are basically food counters where you order at the counter and a server brings you your burger, pizza etc. The Pub has good good and good service. The sunset view in the evening to wonderful. We had Sterling as our waiter and he was very helpful. Recommended.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

If your on the island stop by. The pub has a nice variety of beers and wine. A great place to sit and relax inside and out.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We were really excited about this place it looked neat from the outside. First the menu is very limited. The service not impressive at all. There was one table open but needed to be cleaned off. There was a girl sitting by the kitchen wrapping silverware we asked if she or someone could clean it off. She just sat there and said someone in the bar area can help you. Finally someone showed up and wiped it off. Our waiter finally showed up took our drink order, brought us part of that and took our food order. We had to ask several times for the rest of our drink order. The food arrived and we had no silverware so had to ask for that and our drinks again. At most there were 6 tables and they told us they were backed up....would not recommend it. The food was alright.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at The Inn on Madeline Island, so we wanted to have our anniversary dinner at their restaurant.
We had a reservation, was seated at a nice table, served water, all good. Then our waitress came, no hello, no how are you, just are you ready to order. I said we would like to order a cocktail since it's our anniversary. I ordered a split of champagne, husband ordered something else. She came back a good 7 minutes later with an unopened can and a straw for me and my husband's drink. Now I've been in the restaurant business about 25 years of my life, never have I been served champagne in a can with a straw and I would NEVER serve it to the customer that way! This girl needs a beverage service briefing among other service training. She pretty much blew the whole nice dinner thing. Food was good, wish I could say that for service. She couldn't even bring a little cupcake for us to share. Her name is Gracie.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Good lunch, busy. They allow pets which is great for pet owners. I had a salad and loved it. Sandwiches looked great.

Date of visit: July 2017