“Great Time at KVR!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Farge
Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had only one problem...two nights is not long enough! This place is a gem and provides a perfect get away to relax and unwind. The cabin was very beautifully decorated and clean. Every little detail was covered from glasses to a great selection of pillows to the cookies! I could go on and on....already thinking about my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Ranch over Christmas. Although we are from the Kickapoo Valley( we just moved to Missouri about a year ago) We were treated like royalty, Joe and David are second to none. The cabin was super clean and had all the comforts of home. I highly recommend the Kickapoo Valley Ranch for a truly perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Foxfarms
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I had the most lovely, relaxing stay at KVR in November. Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by a herd of beautiful llamas and by a personable Cowboy Joe, who provided us with maps and a few suggestions for things to see and do in the area. Our immaculately-clean cabin felt cozy with its tasteful ranch decor and free-standing gas fireplace. The bed and furniture were quite comfortable, and the kitchen was very well-equipped for cooking. The large veranda overlooked a stunning view of wooded hills and happily grazing horses. We already reserved our stay for next year, but I'm not sure we can wait that long to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Ranch five times--sometimes as a couple and other times with with friends and family. Cowboy Joe and David clearly love the valley and it shows in the care they take in maintaining the cabins and the land.I hesitate to call them cabins because they are luxurious accommodations. We travel from Tucson, Arizona to Wisconsin nearly every year and look forward to our visit to the Ranch and not just for the welcoming cookies! We love waking up in the morning seeing the horses and hearing the Amish buggies or wandering down to view the llamas. If you are looking for a retreat in a beautiful location you are unlikely to find a better place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond F
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I come up to this area once a year for a family and friends get together weekend. This year we brought our two grandsons with us and they loved it there too. We arrived on a Thursday and left on a Monday and had a restfull and peaceful stay with wonderful home-made cookies and to wake up to a great view and horses near our balcony first thing in the morning as we sit with a cup of coffee in the early morning. A more friendlier pair of guys: Cowboy Joe and Cowboy Dave, they were so caring and courteous to our needs and in providing a clean and well stocked cabin for our stay near our family gathering. I am telling everyone I know about it and telling them all to come to the ranch and meet Cowboy Joe & Cowboy Dave and stay awhile...you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Miss Kitty and front row cabins with view of hill accross is awesome! Miss Kitty's has two queen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is our favorite place to stay when we are in this area. We love the hills even though I can no longer climb them. The peacefulness and beauty of the Kickapoo Valley Ranch keeps bringing us back. We have been here several times and never been disappointed.
I gave the Ranch excellent on fitness center because the hills will give you one of the best workouts you have ever encountered.
David and Joe do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to our next visit.
Dick & Phyllis

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ran across a flyer for KVR at the Wisconsin Products Pavilion at the state fair. Since it was from an area where my husband and his father used to hunt, he picked it up. When trying to plan our honeymoon, he brought up the flyer and I took a look.The photos don't do it justice! If you're looking for a quiet getaway where you can enjoy nature and spend some time with loved ones this is the perfect place.

We spent four days at the Whitetail cabin and really had a great time. Between the visiting wildlife (deer and horses) and the hikes we took through the Kickapoo Valley Reserve, it was nice to get away from all the technology and appreciate nature. We brought a stack of our own movies, not knowing what to expect in their "library of DVD's" but I can tell you they have a TON of movies! If we hadn't already brought our own, we would have had no problem finding plenty of things to enjoy watching. We watched the DVD about the dam project the first night. What an interesting story! It made our hikes that much more meaningful to know what the area was originally planned to be.

I was amazed at how clean everything was in our cabin. I thought for sure with the ranch being out in the country there would be a little bit of nature "inside" the cabin but it was so clean it was as if we were the first guests to ever stay there. The kitchenette was perfect (how cool is a stove/sink/fridge combo?!) and as everyone always says, David's cookies live up to their reputation. I can't wait until they start orders in December. Sign me up!

We ended up buying a deck of cards, Phase 10 and the game Battleship to have a game night-It was so much fun to sit at the table, munching on cookies (With milk from Organic Valley), and playing games. It would be neat if there was a way to have a library of games along with the library of DVD's!

All in all, the Kickapoo Valley Ranch was the perfect place for our first vacation and honeymoon together. I'm sure we will be back many more times. My husband has already booked a trip back in November for opening weekend of hunting season. I am jealous that I can't go!

One last thing... make sure you check out the stars if you get a clear night. We were so worn out most days we didn't get around to looking outside until the last night we were there...but it was WELL worth it.

Room Tip: If you want a little more privacy, choose one of the cabins on the "three season" side on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becca H

Been to Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!