AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
$134
$94
$126
$129
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
$169
$49
$130
$110
Priceline
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$75
All reviewskiddie poolblack riverwater slidespool sidebar and grillhot tubnice pool areaan older hotelfree breakfastwafflesthe room was niceking bedview of the rivertikiwaterparkdockshoops
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I am so disappointed in this hotel! Its website & ads sound great, but don't believe them. This hotel is very outdated & unclean. When you walk in, you are overwhelmed by the smell that is old, musty & dusty! The rooms are no better- the carpeting has lumps under it, they also smell musty & there is very little sound barrier because you can hear everything. It does not appear that the rooms are vacuumed very often. They call the pool area a "waterpark" but I would have been extremely disappointed if I brought my children here. Instead, the pool area is an old hotel pool with a slide added, a kiddy pool & a hot tub- all very pathetic! The continental breakfast is a joke & you really don't want to eat here anyways due to how unclean everything seemed. I did not feel safe here & made sure all my valuables were out of the vehicle due to the surrounding area. I seriously considered leaving & asking for a refund because I was so disappointed. Gross!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
bwplulacrossewi, Webmaster at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort for your recent stay in our area. IL am sorry it was not the enjoyable stay to which you had looked forward.

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper continental breakfast.

• Management was approached about being sure that the website properly reflects what will be found at the site itself. (For instance the waterpark). We wouldn’t want our valued guests to feel that we were intentionally deceiving them.

• Management and security staff approached about ways in which our valued guests can feel more secure during their stay.

I hope that the next time you visit here, you will once again choose to stay at
BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort . I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Bid a price and was assigned to this hotel. The front desk service was pretty nice given the other reviews I've seen.
In a word I'd say this hotel is Dated. Everything seemed rundown. The pool area looked dirty and tired. I was glad I didn't have little kids that wanted to go there.

The good: Comfortable beds, super fast free WiFi, big shower with bowed curtain, cheap.

The OK: Exercise room existed (2 treadmills, one bike, one eliptical and mat). Stuff was pretty beaten and even though no one else was in it, it was crowded.

The ungood: Noisy (pacer upstairs, air conditioner, cleaning people in hall pretty early), not a great area (worried about car overnight), hard floor with worn carpet, bathroom with cocked toilet and cracked ceramic.

The place was adequate for what we paid, and I would stay there again, but I wouldn't specifically recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort for your recent stay in our area. I am glad you enjoyed the super fast free WI Fi.

• Maintenance was informed of the cracked toilet in the room assigned to you and instructed to repair or replace it.

• Pool staff received additional training concerning properly maintaining a clean pool and pool area.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort. I think you will be greatly pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel last night and were very disappointed. The public areas of the hotel are worn out and dated. Our room was below average with worn carpeting, stained chairs and damaged woodwork. We could hear the family next door as if there was a screen door between our rooms, rather than a wooden door. The bathroom may have been nice in the 70's, but hasn't been updated since. I think the towels haven't been updated since then either. At my house they would be called rags. I will admit, though, that the beds were comfortable, although the bedding was subpar.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the beds comfortable.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the management was approached about the possibility of upgrading the towels etc.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

A no-smoking room should not have cigarette butts outside on the patio and on the grass. There were crumbs between the cushions of the sofa and hair on the bathroom floor. This is a tired and not well-kept property.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

• Management was informed that the non-smoking room had obviously been smoked in.

I hope that the next time your visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

We recently stayed here for our winter family getaway. We reserved 3 rooms for our 9 adults and 3 small children. Upon entering our room we realized our son could not sleep on the small bed with his 2 sons ages 5 and 7. Upon requesting a cot we were told they charge an additional $10 per night for this. We paid for 3 rooms and they want to charge us for a cot!
Don't look under the bed, behind the dresser, or in the corners if you are expecting a clean room; actually don't look a all. Also, be careful when going to the bathroom so your pants don't get wet from the leaking toilet.
This place has a great wedding receiption business. Personally, I can't understand how any bride with any taste would have her wedding in this dump.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Midway Riverfront Resort for your recent family getaway.

• Maintenance was informed of the leaking toilet in the room assigned to you and instructed to repair or replace it.