AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were up in September to celebrate our anniversary and we wanted to stay somewhere on the water. We usually have luck with Best Western Hotels. I have no complaints about the staff, they were very friendly, but the accomodations were below standards. The hallway to our room smelled horribly and they tried to mask it with some cheap air freshner (it did not work) our room was dirty, moldy and stinky and the bathroom had mildew and smelled to high heaven. We did not stay a 2nd night as planned.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
bwplulacrossewi, Webmaster at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff was informed about the nice comment you made for them and also received our commendation.

• Maintenance was informed of the unpleasant smell you reported in hallway and instructed to see to its elimination.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in keeping the rooms clean. They were instructed to check the rooms before accommodating our valued Guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. My family really enjoyed or room. We are a family of 5 and there can be too much togetherness in some hotel rooms, this was not the case. Even with the sofa bed pulled our for my teenager, there was ample walking room. My husband enjoyed the large desk as it was a working trip. There was ample sitting options besides the bed(sofa/3 chairs). The beds were comfortable and hotel quiet. My younger children enjoyed the pool and small water slide. Teen and I played pool while keeping an eye on them. They did have a lifeguard watching the slide. The only downside was the breakfast. It was served in the restaurant and you could choose the continental(ree) or $2 off a breakfast entree. We had an appointment to visit UW-La Crosse and needed to eat quick. At first we were told we would have to wait for table, fortunately one was available. We proceeded up to the continental breakfast area to find no plates, bowls or french toast(only hot item). We waited for the plates and bowls and chose cold items to eat. A few minutes later when the french toast was brought out, it became obvious that many people were waiting for it as a line quickly formed. The guest would be better served, in my opinion, if the continental breakfast was served poolside. They could still give the option of using a coupon in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Room 172 poolside for a family of 5
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The first week of october i traveled with my daughter from connecticut to washington as she relocated to begin new job. i booked us in hotel at about the same price point each night and the best western midway hotel in la crosse stands out as the best of the bunch.the staff was friendly and helpful with our being annouing;the room was clean and quiet.and the best part was looking out the window onto the lovely,little park that front the mississipi river.

Room Tip: splurge for a river view if u can afford it.....?
1  Thank sandy d
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The location of this hotel is awesome.if you are visiting la crosse for a short trip. best western midway hotel is a place you should consider. although i was useing reward point it is reasonably price all around $ 79 night for the assured cleaniles and awesome location.
the rooms are large and comfortable.we had a king bed.the rooms were just redone recently.they even have large flat screen t.v in the rooms.............? the pool is a nice size and hot tub also breakfast was waffles,cereals,boilded eggs. ....? friendly staff......?
...........will stay again........?

1  Thank herry p
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel mostly for a family wedding. The rooms are a little dated and the rugs need to be overhauled. There is an indoor pool park (if you have your swimsuit). My windows were on the ground floor and the locks were broken, there was a bar you could put across for added security.The Mississippi is behind the hotel and if it weren't 31degrees I may have cared. All in all it's a Best Western not the Ritz. There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel. Room service was speedy. Would I stay there again? No as I will never be in that part of the country. All in all not so bad.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Tinkerbella
Reviewed October 6, 2012

very helpfull staff.Take note that they call it an indoor waterpark, but really it's just a pool with a nice big twisty slide. (Granted, it's a super fun slide!) There is also a nice big kiddie pool which we didn't use but it's nice compared to others I've seen. The Hotel had a great view of the black river . the rooms were very nice and clean I really like the atrium pool area at this hotel because the sun shines in and makes it feel like you are outside.I stayed at this hotel about 15 years ago, and they have since done a nice job at updating most aspects of this hotel. Definitely recommended for families!!

Room Tip: the pool area rooms is good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I found this hotel clean and pleasant; I had a poolside room, and I have to say the housekeeping was scrupulous. A nice addition to this was a handwritten note from Misty, the maid, wishing me a good stay. I liked that a lot, and left a note thanking her.

I found the staff pleasant in personal interactions, which I like.

The overall room was very clean, and recleaned the next day by my return.

I had breakfast elsewhere because of time constraints, so can't comment on that.

The heater/AC worked well and quietly. No training need to operate.

Wi-fi worked fine, took 5 seconds to connect, as it should.

I drove to downtown LaCrosse, since it is north of there by a few miles. If that's an issue, I'd stay elsewhere, but I'd return here again.

I liked it.

Room Tip: This was a poolside room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Home2 Suites by Hilton La Crosse
The Charmant Hotel
The Charmant Hotel
#1 of 20 in La Crosse

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront? Share your experiences!