“Underrated...Best ice cream in town”

Ranison Ice Cream & Candy
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in La Crosse
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Underrated...Best ice cream in town”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ranison always has tons of flavor options; some that you'd have a difficult time finding anywhere else. The prices are amazing and you can get any combination in a shake or even half and half in a pint if you can't decide. The employees are friendly and kind, often helping children figure out what they can get with the change they brought along. The candy is wonderful as well; I recommend the peanut brittle around Christmastime.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Marissa W

Spring Grove, Minnesota
“Great ice cream”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great homemade ice cream and a wide variety of candies. This is a traditional small town ice cream shop.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Around the corner shop....”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We love to visit Ranison's for special occasions and during the summer. I love this place. They have a little selection of nostalgic candy and treats, micro sodas and I believe they have beer too. The sweets and cones are at an excellent price. The only complaint I've ever had is that sometimes my chocolate tastes a little minty when it shouldn't (I hate that). Service is always good. Ice cream is excellent.

I never stop to eat there. In the past I have tried but I always end up with something sticky on the chair or tables that haven't been wiped down. Plus, I don't like sitting next to the road where people are parking with the children. I think the inside is cute...not thrilled with the tables outside.

• Visited March 2013
Allen, Michigan
“An unexpected treat.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was visiting some friend in La Crosse for a few days and they brought me here one afternoon for a midday snack.

The service from the counter was very friendly with a little bit of joking back and forth. I got a couple of samples, before deciding on the flavors for the main dish. I went with a scoop of chocolate (very rich) and pumpkin (not overpowering). There was available seating outside while we were there on a very beautiful fall day. I will definitely return, if I am ever in the area again.

• Visited October 2012
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“My favorite ice cream shop in La crosse!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Love Ranison for their homemade ice cream, and charm! my favorite flavor is the pistachio. good price and yummy treats!

• Visited September 2012