“Family Wedding weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Crosse
Bentley-Wheeler B&B
Ranked #2 of 6 La Crosse B&B and Inns
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
“Family Wedding weekend”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

A wonderful way to spend a family weekend...everyone had their own room, but we could all be together the rest of the time. Breakfast was brought over in a basket, which we could eat on our own time...it was great! I loved the atmosphere of an old Victorian home. It was nicely decorated and felt very homey. Jay was very helpful and attentive. Wish we had more time to spend in LaCrosse...will come back again soon....thank you Jay and Ken!

Room Tip: We stayed in the guest house....wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Toni R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights in the Ballroom Suite during the weekend of May 17th. Our stay was an absolute delight from start to finish. In addition to being beautifully decorated, the suite is also unique and very interesting. We enjoyed having our morning coffee on one of our private balconies and the breakfast baskets of fresh fruit and baked goodies were such a treat. Jay was a charming and gracious host who gave great recommendations on local attractions and restaurants. Overall a fantastic experience and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in the Ballroom Suite during a visit to the university. We found the suite to be everything we had hoped for. The picnic basket breakfast was great. We found it interesting that we never met anyone associated with the B&B during our stay. For that reason I cannot comment on the customer service. I would in no way view that as a drawback but it is a different, and for our standpoint, a welcome approach. The only drawback for us was the lack of the communal breakfast. That can be a plus or a minus for some, but for us it is one of the things we look forward to when we stay at a B&B. We look forward to our next trip to La Crosse and staying again at the Bentley Wheeler B&B.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I could not have had a warmer welcome (in colder temperatures) for my late February stay at the Bentley-Wheeler!

Corrine, Ken and Jay could not have been kinder over my four day stay in the ballroom suite! The location is great, the B&B itself is beyond charming, and the suite was warm, cozy, clean and very inviting. The breakfast each morning is fresh and delicious. The temperature was below zero degrees most of my stay, which was fine by me because I didn't ever really want to leave the ballroom.

I hope to return in the summer so I can see La Crosse in the different seasons. I will definitely be staying at the Bentley-Wheeler when I do. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer :)

Thank you again for EVERYTHING Corrine, Ken and Jay. You guys are the best!

Room Tip: The ballroom suite is gorgeous . . . you'll never want to leave!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Norwalk, Iowa, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'll confess to low expectations. Having registered for a conference in La Crosse, we found our way to the Bentley-Wheeler only after finding the more visible lodging options booked up. Coming across a listing for this property, I read reviews and descriptions and, mostly out of desperation, made contact to check on availability. I couldn't be more grateful for the prior deadends. The Bentley-Wheeler turned out to be a special part of our trip -- from the contact a few days prior to arrival to check on our arrival plans, to the careful warnings about ice in town, to the gracious reception, crowned by a beautifully restored house, a comfortable room, and a delightful breakfast served to accommodate our conference's schedule. We will look forward to returning for another conference, but this time we will start at the Bentley-Wheeler, and pray that they have an opening.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Bentley-Wheeler several times a year and we absolutely love it. The customer service is impeccable. It is a beautiful home with wonderful service. We strongly recommend staying at the Bentley-Wheeler.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the Guest Suite for a conference in La Crosse. The landscaping was well manicured with a beautiful fountain in the courtyard. The Guest Suite was nicely decorated and very inviting. The breakfast picnic basket was a nice touch...not to mention delicious. The owners of the Bentley-Wheeler B&B know how to pamper their guests!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business