“Bodega”

Add it.
Bodega Brew Pub, Inc.
Ranked #2 of 33 Nightlife in La Crosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in heart of downtown at the corner of 4th & Pearl Streets. 4th Street is also a one-way going north and Highway 35. Best selection of high quality beer in a bar in Wisconsin.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It is a small little Brew Pub in downtown La Crosse. Lots of specialty beers to choose from. Nothing fancy but it is comfortable in there.

1  Thank Mary E

Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I travel, I seek out brew pubs and craft beers to try. As well as being able to try interesting brews, such establishments tend to draw interesting people. (I was travelling alone this time, as I often do.)
Others have suggested that Bodega has the best selection of beers in Wisconsin. With 400 beers to choose from, I am wondering if anyone has encountered a larger selection ANYWHERE. I would consider a place having 1/10th as many to have an excellent selection.
The bartender was helpful in suggesting some beers that I might like, and was more than happy to provide samples of several before I made a selection. I was also fortunate to have people adjacent to me offering their preferences, and one fellow insisted on getting an extra glass with every selection he had so that I could try out what he was drinking. Thank goodness I was walking so was not concerned with limiting myself to safe driving consumption. I did not eat here, as I wanted to try the Dublin Square Irish Pub, which the Bodega staff were happy to endorse.
I have a hard time understanding the negative or weak ratings of Bodega. On almost all negative points that were expressed, I experienced the exact opposite, or failed to see any sign of. I can only guess both staff and patrons can have their off days. For myself, I would certainly seek this place out again when travelling down the Mississippi River Road that I enjoy so much.

1  Thank George-of-Pinawa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Happened to walk by and stop in. He beer selection in overwhelming, in a good way! Service was so-so. It was a Saturday night, and became so overrun with 20-something's, that we left after one beer.

1  Thank Stacey L
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently moved to the area and were told by friends that the Bodega was a great place to hang out, good beer, a friendly knowledgeable staff and a more "mature" bar than some other places. We stopped in this past Saturday and had one of THE worst experiences I have ever had in my life. We ordered drinks and my girlfriend asked me to get her a couple extra straws for her drink and the bartender snapped at me asking if "was that really necessary?". I was shocked that a) someone would make such a big deal out of a couple extra straws and b) be that rude about it. I'd had enough and we got up,left and won't be back. I have never posted a review on trip advisor before but was so upset by the experience that I felt like letting people know what happened so hopefully they can avoid a

3  Thank Gary T
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Best bar in La Crosse in my opinion. Very social place. Easy to meet new friends.
They have different types of drinks. Also, there is a dining place and they have good pizza.
Best time to go is between 8-12 pm.