“Greasy Greasy Greasy”

Ranked #17 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My two friends and I stopped in to eat here after a full day of mountain biking. We had Philly Cheese Sandwich, Hamburger, and some sort of Shrimp dish. All three were unnecessarily greasy. Bun of my sandwich was completely soggy and soaked to the point that I could not pick it up at all and had to eat it with fork and knife. None of us finished our meals in spite of being really hungry.

Summary: Greasy inexpensive food served in a dark small restaurant which is attended mostly by older locals.

Try Piggy's in downtown - Delicious food and great ambiance. I regret not going there again instead of trying this greasy spoon.

2  Thank chicago_young_couple

Reviewed June 24, 2009

This is by far the best place I have ever ate. The service was great the food was great. The price was great! If you go on Friday or Sat/ get a reservation! You can tell a restaurant is great by all the people who are waiting in line to eat! Have went there serveral times and one Sat. they had run out of prime rib that is why you want a reservation! French onion soup is ia must!

1  Thank rinker12
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I take a lot of business and Boy Scout people there. It is one of the best in the Midwest and I really enjoy the exceptional food qaulity. The price is reasonable. The staff is outstanding.

Reviewed September 22, 2008

Been to the Peddler too many times to count, and have enjoyed every meal. The steaks and seafood are very reasonalby priced. The veggie plate that every table gets is huge! The French onion soup is seasoned perfectly, not too salty. I've also enjoyed Friday fish here. If you enjoy well-made supper club type food, this is the place for you. Make a reservation if you have a big party.

2  Thank madtowngal
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I can only get to La Crosse once a year, but I always put this place on the schedule. The restaurant is small, so you should get there early in the evening or on an off night. Food is always excellent and prices are more than reasonable. If you like seafood, the bacon-wrapped shrimp is worth the trip from anywhere.

2  Thank IanAtlanta_GA