“Reuben Sandwiches Rule!”

Ranked #12 of 212 Restaurants in La Crosse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've had other menu items at the Hungry Peddler in the past, but the one that really stands out as being exceptionally good (and that is an understatement) is their grilled Reuben sandwich. When made correctly, this is my favorite sandwich. The Hungry Peddler not only knows how to make this sandwich, they have it down to an art. Trust me on this, I have ate at dozens of restaurants across the upper Midwest, and none of them even came close to the quality of Hungry Peddlers. Try their deluxe baked potato as a side, you won't be disappointed. The atmosphere of this restaurant is somewhat unique, it has an old world family coziness to it. If your looking for glitz, this is not your place. But if your looking for great food in generous portions at affordable prices, you'll be hard pressed to find something better. I live about 50 miles away from this restaurant and try to get here 3-4 times a year. I have never been disappointed!

1  Thank STEVEN F

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We decided to stop on a Sunday afternoon. What a great choice. The service was great and the food was good. We will be back again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I decided to stop by here one morning for breakfast. My husband and I had to try the T-bone steak and it is amazing. One of the best I have ever had. We returned four or five times after this and there is no complaint about it. There is no wait and the service was awesome.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This one of those rare places that comes to mind when someone asks for suggestions on dining in a city; if that city is La Crosse, Wisconsin, I'm not afraid to say "The Hungry Peddler" no matter if it's Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
This has been a go-to place for our family since the early 80's, when our kids were young - La Crosse was about an hour from our home on the Kickapoo River, and we would stop on our way in or out of town. Meals here may not have been thee absolute best I've ever eaten, but I could always anticipate that they would be darn good - generous portions prepared reasonably fast and well presented.]
The menus has seen some changes thru the years, but my wife and I can still find plenty of favorites to choose from whatever time of day we may visit. They have developed some fantastic Daily Specials, and we often try a new one.
The Hungry Peddler is one place that still values its patrons, and this shows in their continued high threshold of Quality, Service and Cleanliness - the building blocks of a good restaurant!

1  Thank KICKAPOOGIAN
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When visiting La Crosse and in search of a great place to start your day, stop at the Hungary Peddler for breakfast. It is our favorite out of the way spot for a priced right meal. The Peddler Special is any easy choice if you can't make up your mind what you should order. The service is good and your coffee cup never gets empty, no matter how thirsty you are. Later in the day there is a fine assortment of sandwiches, soups or salads for lunch. In the evening the choices range from steaks, chops, pasta or fish. Casual dress is just fine any time.