“Consistency in QSC”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Prairie du Chien, WI
“Consistency in QSC”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This one of those rare places that comes to mind when someone asks for suggestions on dining in a city; if that city is La Crosse, Wisconsin, I'm not afraid to say "The Hungry Peddler" no matter if it's Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
This has been a go-to place for our family since the early 80's, when our kids were young - La Crosse was about an hour from our home on the Kickapoo River, and we would stop on our way in or out of town. Meals here may not have been thee absolute best I've ever eaten, but I could always anticipate that they would be darn good - generous portions prepared reasonably fast and well presented.]
The menus has seen some changes thru the years, but my wife and I can still find plenty of favorites to choose from whatever time of day we may visit. They have developed some fantastic Daily Specials, and we often try a new one.
The Hungry Peddler is one place that still values its patrons, and this shows in their continued high threshold of Quality, Service and Cleanliness - the building blocks of a good restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KICKAPOOGIAN

“Great breakfast”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When visiting La Crosse and in search of a great place to start your day, stop at the Hungary Peddler for breakfast. It is our favorite out of the way spot for a priced right meal. The Peddler Special is any easy choice if you can't make up your mind what you should order. The service is good and your coffee cup never gets empty, no matter how thirsty you are. Later in the day there is a fine assortment of sandwiches, soups or salads for lunch. In the evening the choices range from steaks, chops, pasta or fish. Casual dress is just fine any time.

• Visited February 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Some of the best food in town!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been going here for years. Locals always are there. Friday night fish is AMAZING! the service is always top notch. Get the Pan fried catfish (Or T-bone, or fried fish) and you wont go wrong. Also, The French onion soup is to die for!

Visited February 2014
Rio, Wisconsin
“You will leave stuffed!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I love Hungry Peddler. Every time we come we are pleased. The food is great and the portions are large. Be sure not to fill up on the vegetable plate, bread basket, or butter garlic chips before your food arrives. The bar is of good quality as well.

We make a trip here every so often.

• Visited January 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great food and cozy restaurant”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place has AMAZING food! I have been here for breakfast and dinner. Everything is great! You may have to wait a bit if you do not have a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night, so I totally recommend making one. When you sit down at your table, they give you a basket with different breads, breadsticks, crackers and also a relish tray. The poritions are good size and I always have leftovers to take home. If you are in La Crosse, you really need to try this place out!

• Visited December 2013