“Huge portions, cheap prices, good food”
Review of Fayze's

Fayze's
Ranked #12 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were in La Crosse only one night and had breakfast here. All 4 of us had great meals.. I had the Cinnamon Raisin French toast that was awesome! The prices were very very reasonable, service good and great food.

There are newer reviews for Fayze's

Reviewed August 11, 2014

the breakfast is lovely - plenty to eat and reasonable prices. you really can't go wrong with the burgers any time, but my fav will always be starting the day here. and do NOT leave with trying some of their homemade breads. they run a bit pricey sometimes for cakes and cookies but are really good.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went on Friday and had fish fry after a short wait. Fish was hot, tasted fresh and batter was crunchy. Also served with cole slaw, french fries and rolls. Very friendly and knowledgeable waiter. Overall an enjoyable time.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Recently I had the pleasure of going to Fayze's for breakfast. I was there with a group of family members after the birth of a new member to our family. We were promptly seated in a nice area of the restaurant, which bypassed the bakery counter (very good items). The server took our drink order and brought out the drinks shortly thereafter. I had a Mimosa and it was very good. Not too sweet, not too dry. Since we were there for breakfast I ordered the Sausage Benedict. This was a delicious buttermilk biscuit cut in two with a sausage patty, over easy egg, and topped with sausage gravy. There was a side of hash browns served with the entrée as well. Since I am a big eater I ordered a side of pancakes, which had to be some of the best restaurant pancakes I've ordered. Other people in my party also had delicious looking breakfast entrées. The French toast is made using a very thick piece of toast, very thick. So if you're into a thinner slice, this would not be the ideal for you. We received our bill for our meal and headed out passed the bakery counter again, stopped and purchased a couple items because they looked so good, the Reese's Pieces Cookie was very tasty. I looked forward to a return trip to Fayze's.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel recommended this restaurant as a LaCrosse tradition. For Sunday brunch there was a wait, but they welcomed you to sit in the lounge and we were offered beverages. There is a bakery that makes the most amazing oversized pastries, one of the things that they are famous for. breakfast/brunch type dishes as well as traditional comfort food was available. Portions were large and prices were very reasonable. Service was good considering how busy they were and all staff were friendly. It is a historical, comfortable, but not fancy setting in what was once a grocery store.

We enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner the next night. It was not as crowed and gave us the opportunity to dry different meals. A word of advice TRY THE CHEESE CURDS appetizer- a real Wisconsin treat, deep fried. They were the best we've ever had. I'd certainly go back if in the area and see why it is so popular with the locals.