“Weekday lunch”

Ranked #37 of 203 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Homemade meals the way Mom makes them, and made from scratch soups!
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am not sure why TripAdvisor says closed due to fire damage. The restaurant is open and there is no evidence of any damage. We visited with family for a Monday lunch. Menu has a good variety, prices are inexpensive and servings are large. All meals in our party looked and tasted good. Three serving sizes are available and small is still plentiful. Dining area is a bit noisy due to tin ceilings. Service was good and quick.

HoughtonsB, Manager at Houghton’s Jackson Street Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Our original restaurant burned down March 2007. We have rebuilt and have been operational since July 2008. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife ordered chicken that was dry and tasted old. I had a burger that was flavor less and chili that did not look or taste like chili. Never going back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We apologize for your experience at our restaurant, and the delay in our response to your comments. Our management, menu and staff have changed as of Aug. 1st. If you would like to give us another shot we would be happy to pick up the tab for you and your wife. Thanks, -management.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped in for lunch, large selection, had a wonderful walleye sandwich and my friend had a large turkey dinner. Waitress was very good and attentive. Definitely will recommend this place!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This nice restauraunt is NOT closed due to fire damage as your listing states. From what I am told there was af rie there seven years ago! Beautiful bar... It is a great place for a Friday night fish-fry! Garlic Smashed potatoes were great!
If any complaint, I'd say the servers were not dressed very nice. A litttle grungy for such a nice place. Maybe we had the dishwasher, I don't know, but for a server to put entrees on the table, he was not dressed nice enough.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I frequently go to Houghton's for fish and it is pretty good for La Crosse. I love their tartar sauce!! Their chicken dumpling soup is always good, but I disagree with the menu when it says that their soup and salad bar is a "meal in itself." The salad bar is nothing to brag about. Not many fixings for a big salad. Their pizza is also very good! I also like their BLT's.

1  Thank erimou