“Wonderful Houghton's!”

Ranked #63 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Homemade meals the way Mom makes them, and made from scratch soups!
la crosse,wi.
“Wonderful Houghton's!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Houghton's has excellent food, and an atmosphere reminiscent of an Irish Pub. The lunch specials are available in 3 different sizes, and the evening specials are available any night, even when not featured. The homemade soups are outstanding, and my favorite is always the bacon wrapped pork loin. It's my favorite place to have the surf and turf. Love, love, love Houghton's!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank diane d d

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“worst restaurant ever”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I will never eat at this restaurant again!! The food was horrible, the service was terrible, and the owner was rude and unprofessional.

• Visited October 2011
, Public Relations Manager at Houghton’s Jackson Street Pub, responded to this review, May 24, 2017
Hi Alicia, it has been awhile since you left a review for us. We just wanted to let you know that we are now under new ownership and management, and hope you give us another shot! A lot has changed (for the better). We hope to see you soon!
“Ab fab”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

always good food try their southside meatballs awesome

Hi tips26, it has been awhile since you left a review for us. We just wanted to let you know that we are now under new ownership and management! We'd love to serve you again!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“The original burned down, but the new one is great!”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Great little bar/pub located on Jackson street across from Viterbo University. I frequented this resturant when I attended Viterbo. Great food if you're on a budget or just passing through town.

5 Thank nursetraveler87
Onalaska, WI
“There Can Be Only One & It's Houghtons!”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Hmmm...what can I say? Run or drive there as fast as you can (safely of course). If you order food & drink, you're in trouble. You won't be able to stop! I think I'm getting thirsty, and my stomach is growling.

2 Thank Irishbadgerboy