“If we go out, we go to Piggy's”
Review of Piggy's

Piggy's
Ranked #7 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If we go out, we go to Piggy's”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We love everything about Piggy's--the staff, the food, the atmosphere, everything. The prices are a little high, but for the quality of the food, we are willing to pay for a great night out. We've never left hungry, and will only split a dessert if we take some of our meal to go (and we're not light eaters). I would recommend anyone to go to Piggy's if you're looking for a special night out, or just a relaxing dinner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kate S

nkdewitt
“Excellent atmosphere and dining”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went to Piggy's on a business dinner. I was visiting La Crosse for a job interview. It was a great introduction to the food scene in La Crosse. I chose the garlic primavera pasta--and I enjoyed every bite of it. The noodles had a homemade texture, and the sauce was rich without being too rich. Broccoli, fresh red peppers and tomatoes, mushrooms were all expertly cooked--crispy and fresh and very satisfying. I hope I get the job I'm applying for (because it is a great job!) but I could eat everything on Piggy's menu and be incredibly happy. They fly in their seafood a few times a week, so it's fresh. I would happily eat my way through their seafood menu!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lengara_Pace
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“One of the best in LAX”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Reservations are recomended in the upstaors dinning room but you may order from the full menu in the blues lounge. The blues lounge menu pices avergae around $10.00 for a dinner. I like the prime rib sandwich which comes with au jus, choice of potato and pickle for under $10.00. They also have all you can eat ribs for $25.00 and an extensive menu with great steaks, prime rib, chicken, pasta, seafood.

Visited December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Bad service and ambiance”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was very disappointed. I ate in the Blues Lounge, and I didn't expect a "beautiful" place, and it wasn't. The lighting is not good - very unflattering, and the overall feeling was more like a Denny's than a supper club or bar. The hostess was not attentive, seemed overwhelmed, didn't greet customers and disappeared for long periods of time. We waited at the bar, and the bartenders were very good. They were attentive and friendly. The waiter was friendly, but gave bad service. The table they sat us at had not been cleaned, and was dirty and sticky. There was no silverware, the waiter never offered water, and we had to ask to have the table cleaned. Twice the waiter said he would get a rag-he left and was gone for the longest time. After the 2nd request, we saw him at another table taking orders. I finally went to the bar and asked for a rag. One of the bartenders was very nice, came and wiped down the table, then went and got us silverware. The salad was okay, and it took a long time for our food. Maybe the kitchen is far away, because the food does come covered, but when our steaks arrived, they were not hot. The steaks were good, and cooked exactly as requested. The glob of what was supposed to be some type of potato au grating was horrible. It was barely warm, heavy, and just a big glob. The steaks come with bearnaise sauce, and we asked for it on the side - luckily! I like bearnaise, but this was thick and had a very strange flavor. While the waiter was nice, he was not attentive, forgot requests, and never offered dessert. I think this place has potential, but it is obviously badly managed. When we left, we walked right by the hostess station, and she never said 'thank you' or 'have a good evening'. Luckily the steak was good!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank WJ2011
Poynette
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Food and Stafff were great. Good variety on menu plus a Thursday evening special of a Pasta Bar. THis was great and also the menu items were delicious. I would recommend this if you are in Lacrosse.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Piggy's? Share your experiences!