“Sorry to see you close” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kabob House
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Sorry to see you close”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The last time we went, it was noon on a Saturday. We were literally the only customers. Last Saturday we found that the space was available for lease. I'm sorry to see a business fail, especially a place we really liked.

Visited November 2013

“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was very excited to try this restaurant when I saw it open. I had heard mixed reviews about it so when family was in town we decided to order take out. Indian food is one of our favorite ethnic foods so I was curious to see how it would compare to other restaurants we've eaten at. We chose a few appetizers (including the samosas) and a few main dishes to share (including aloo palak, Chana masala, and dal makhani). We also ordered naan bread.
Our bill was over $60 so I'm thinking this will will be quite a good feast. The first red flag was when we went to pick it up we had asked the woman working if the order included chutney. She didn't know what chutney was (and there wasn't a language barrier either)! She asked a waitress what chutney was and the waitress tried to explain it and said no we don't have that here. Later we see its on the menu....
When we get the food home it was a huge disappointment. Everything looked straight out of a can. One dish tasted like a can of chick peas with nothing else. Another dish was a can of spinach with a few sparse potatoes. You could tell the naan was frozen and warmed up and the samosas were also packaged and not home-made. The lentil dish was the only one that had any spices but was way overdone.
We are not picky eaters and hate to throw away food but the entire meal was in edible.
It will be interesting to see how long this place sticks around. I do not recommend this place at all. The other Indian place in town is pretty decent so we will go there instead from now on.

• Visited September 2013
Crystal River, Florida
“Indian Food in La Crosse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

this restaurant serves good Indian and has other foods from that part of the world. I would rate it higher if I wasn't a lover of Indian food around the country and have my favorite places in other cities. That said they do an ok job but nothing really sticks out. They do have an excellent wait staff.

Visited October 2013
Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
“Direct comparison between both Indian restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I have been doing direct comparisons between Kabob House and New Taste of India for the past few month. We are very scientific about the comparisons. We got the EXACT same dish from both places at the same time (2 cars) and then drove home and put them each on a plate and proceeded to enjoy. We have done this 3 different times and each time Kabob house came up second. Now, don't get me wrong, the food is very good here but it just isn't as good as New Taste of India. Everything else about Kabob House is great. The restaurant is very nice with great seating and the overall decor is nice. The prices are good and the service is fantastic (very fast, less than 10 minutes to get takeout each time). I really have no complaints about Kabob House. If you go here you are going to get a good meal at a good price. I would recommend trying both for yourself since everyone's taste is different.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Lunch buffet is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We Ford for lunch today and it was such a pleasant surprise! I haven't had much Indian cuisine in the past so I want sure if I would like it but the food was great! The decore is very contemporary and welcoming and the service was great. The lunch buffet was only $20 for 2 of us and the price includes drinks. The entrees are "real food" and offered a nice variety of dishes. They change the buffet daily so I'm looking forward to trying new things. The buffet makes it easy to drive the four lunch and get back to work on time. Such a nice change of pace for the same of thing everywhere v else. So happy I gave it a try.

• Visited August 2013