“Lucky la Crosse”

Wine Guys
Ranked #109 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have just moved to La Crosse and had my wife up for the weekend. We were walking around Friday night along the River and found the Wine Guys. Dan and his partners have been open for 8 years which says alot about the product as well as the community. It was the end of a hot day so we sat at the bar and had a flight (3 glasses) of "Crisp" and "Sweet" whites. Then we added a cheese plate. Dan was working the bar so we had a chat about the place and his background. Before the place opened he spent 15 years as a wine distributor. This place fills a great gap if you get tired of the 37 beer and hard liquor establishes that surround it downtown. Cheers.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a hidden gem: an awesome wine selection, fantastic cheese plates and a great casual atmosphere for a solo drink or catch up with friends. I have spent many a lazy afternoon here and never wanted to leave. Dan and his staff really know their wines and always have a new 'find' for my friends and I to taste. I was never disappointed. Some great gourmet foods add an extra touch.

1  Thank Jamaican-Luck
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is an brilliant spot in La Crosse for a wine and bite to eat. Dan, knows his wine - and I do not say this lightly. Excellent wine, great food, awesome setting and some of the nicest people you would want to meet all combine to make this a must.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great wine spot and full sevice bar domestic and imports of everything. The friends I was meeting there were very happy with their wine selections and I had a beer. Food is good clientelle relaxed lower key. Right near downtown hotels and civic center.

1  Thank MikeJennyQ

Been to Wine Guys? Share your experiences!