“Excellent Sushi”

Ranked #65 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: Chinese
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Sushi is excellent and very tasty. I drive one hour to eat sushi here and it is worthy. Speaking of it, I am on my way there now and at this time to try lunch sushi. I can't wait!!!

• Korean first
Winona, Minnesota
“Great Sushi, Pleasant atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been to Sushi Pirate multiple times. I never leave dissapointed. The freshest sushi that you can find around the area. The staff is always nice and very willing to make your experience at the restaurant great. I would heavily recommend it to any sushi lover.

• Visited October 2012
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
“Worst meal EVER”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our sushi was disgusting and old tasting not fresh.
Our hibachi entree was extremely overcooked
I ordered filet mignon medium rare amd it came out like a piece of shoe leather. Atmosphere was awful, server was clueless, and it cost us $70!!! This place should be arrested, what a ripoff!!!

milwaukee, wisconsin
“Exquisite rolls, friendly owners and staff, amazing space”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was parents' weekend at UW-La Crosse, and we stayed at the Radisson (again). Spotted the Sushi Pirate sign across the parking lot and decided to give it a try. I am always a little leery of trying new sushi restaurants (the quality must be there), and we are so glad we did. If you enjoy excellently prepared, beautiful and absolutely delicious sushi, you shouldn't miss Sushi Pirate.

We were greeted immediately by friendly and helpful staff and offered a table by the window. We talked with the owners (Simon and his wife), both very welcoming and friendly and devoted to their restaurant. We learned their story, and Simon kindly showed us around a very tastefully decorated restaurant that includes oval-shaped hibachi tables and a lovely upstairs with additional tables and a bar. Fish is flown in daily directly to La Crosse.

What was even more amazing is that Simon and his chefs offered to make us rolls of their creation. We had three delectable Pirate rolls preceded by delicious crab rangoons. One was called the Casino...not on the menu due to how long it takes to make but really a masterpiece. I've never eaten such visually appealing food.

We would have dined their for lunch and dinner the entire weekend if we weren't checking out other places. I'm glad my child goes to the university, because it gives me more opportunities to return, be decadent and immerse my taste buds in the best sushi I've ever had. It's so conveniently located to the Radisson that it's an alternative to room service (Sushi Pirate is open 11am-11pm daily as of this writing). Definitely will be back. I wish there was a Sushi Pirate in my town.

It was just the two of us, but this place seems family friendly and would be a great place for a friends night out and business (the upstairs was quieter).

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jannaqq
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great lunch deal”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Whenever I get a chance to venture outside for lunch, I usually head to Sushi Pirate for its pretty reasonable lunch special. For $12, I can pick three sushi rolls from an extensive list -- for only two rolls, the price is $8 or $9. The three-roll sushi never leaves me hungry, especially when I order a soup or salad (also included in the lunch special). Although the sushi rolls I order are simple and common, I've never been disappointed with my orders, and the staff usually have my order waiting for me when I order carryout.

Visited October 2012