“Great french toast”

Three Rivers Lodge
Ranked #26 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Treat yourself to fresh seasonal menu items made with locally sourced ingredients at the TRL restaurant and bar. Featuring panoramic views of the beautiful Driftless Area, this comfortable, casual eatery is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our restaurant is a great place to host a special dinner, rehearsal dinner or any occasion.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I ordered the french toast with fruit and almonds and coffee. The coffee was nicely prepared, and was tasty enough that it didn't require sugar or cream. The french toast was two fat slices of fluffy bread with sliced bananas and strawberries with a sprinkling of toasted almonds.

It came pre syruped, which is nice for presentation, but I would have preferred to apply my own amount of syrup. The syrup is local Wisconsin maple syrup, which is a great plus if you are into supporting local food initiatives (which I am!). But, I don't take a lot of syrup and it was a waste. Since I was at a business breakfast, I wasn't really able to finish my french toast due to chatting with my colleagues, but if I were eating with friends, I would have finished my plate and been quite happily full.

Usually, when a restaurant is in a hotel, I would be skeptical of the quality--however, this restaurant could be its own stand alone location. Don't let the attached to a hotel aspect discourage you---especially if you are staying at the Radisson it's located inside.

1  Thank Lengara_Pace

Reviewed January 24, 2013

3RL was a nice surprise when at the Radisson Hotel for a conference to have a varied menu and awesome view of the Mississippi River on site rather than having to venture out in a cold car to find sustenance. Wait staff was very attentive and friendly!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service was fast and the staff was very pleasant. Food was fine for dinner and the waitress was a hoot. The Eggs Benedict at breakfast was very nice.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We won a Bed and Breakfast deal at the Radisson through "Inspired Magazine" in Minowa. We checked into the hotel and then decided because of the Carlson Club to have dinner at the Three Rivers Lodge, to order a dessert. We both had the fish fry dinner; two small breaded, but delicious, halibut fingers with tartar sauce with capers, a pile of French fries, and coleslaw. We split a large slice of good Turtle Cheesecake, which had a nutty graham cracker crust and artistic drizzles of chocolate and caramel. Breakfast was excellent: My husband licked up (and later paid for it) his hash browns-bacon-asparagus-tomato-onion skillet dish topped with cheese sauce. I divided my Wisconsin skillet in three--it consisted of hash browns, scrambled eggs with green pepper and onion, with cheese sauce--and ate a third for lunch and then supper at home. I had an English muffin with peanut butter and marmalade as well. He had a tall glass of grapefruit juice and I had cranberry juice, and we both had coffee. The service in the morning was good, as we were the only ones in the restaurant at 7:30 am, and the waitperson was female. The waitpersons at night were all male and rather perfunct, as it was busy; the greeter was female. It was a great way to celebrate our silver anniversary, with a "free" overnight and two good meals.

1  Thank Ilse035
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food was well priced and very good. We had a very nice view of the lighted park. The wine selection was good.

Been to Three Rivers Lodge? Share your experiences!