“Good food and nice atmosphere!”

Hackberry’s Bistro
Ranked #50 of 206 Restaurants in La Crosse
Description: Hackberry's Bistro is located above People's Food Co-op in historic downtown La Crosse. The bistro serves up seasonal, local, and organic fare.
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

My family and I had lunch there on Saturday. We all ordered something different including 3 kid meals, breakfast items, sandwiches, specials, Mac & Cheese. Everything was prepared very well, lovely presentation, and tasted great. There is room for improvement in the service. We waited a long time to be acknowledged when we arrived. Long time to be seated even though there were tables available. Server did not come back to check if everything was ok after our food was served. No refills on our water. Very nice person but could have been a bit more attentive.

People's Food C, Manager at Hackberry’s Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hi! Thanks for the review! We take quality and service very seriously and we wish nothing more than to provide the best of both. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback; I will be sharing your review with the Hackberry's Bistro staff so that we may improve in the areas where you have noted.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again!

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We usually lunch here during our annual visits to LaCrosse-food is decent, great atmosphere, good service! We were there today-it took an hour and forty five minutes to get sandwiches!
The service was simply bad-getting water was a big problem-the check out lady was rather abrupt!

Hi! Thanks for the review! Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback; I will be sharing your review with the Hackberry's Bistro staff so that we may improve in the areas where you have noted.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I love this place!!! I mentioned that my daughter can't eat gluten. The response was "You are in the right place." I was told this bistro can accommodate the top 8 allergens (and probably others if asked). The food tasted great, too. My daughter chose a sandwich with gluten-free bread and a gluten-free pancake as her "side" dish.

People's Food C, Manager at Hackberry’s Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Thanks for the excellent review! We make it a point to accommodate for as many dietary needs as possible, so you certainly were in the right place. Our summer menu just came out this month, so you've got plenty of opportunity to try other seasonal, gluten-free dishes before we switch it up for autumn. Thanks for coming by—hopefully we'll see you soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2017

This is a good place for really good food, we will return. We were visiting my niece at Viterbo University.

People's Food C, Owner at Hackberry’s Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Thank you so much for visiting Hackberry's Bistro—we're pleased you chose to dine with us during your time in La Crosse! Our summer menu will be coming out in June, so we hope you'll come by if you're in town to see our niece again sometime soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2017

Hackberry's is located across from the Farmer's Market and above the Food Coop, which gives a hint as to the kind of food to expect. It offers fresh, healthy foods with whole grain and gluten free offerings.

People's Food C, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Hackberry’s Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Thanks for the great review! You hit the nail on the head—thanks for calling out the fresh, healthy foods with whole grain and gluten free offerings. We're also really big on local and organic, and therefore sustainability. Come see us for the fall menu beginning in September!