Review Highlights
Where Memories are Made

Been coming to the sweet shop since I was a little kid. Everything is always homemade and fresh! I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Kari R
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Long-time Family Favorite!

I have been visiting the Sweet Shop ever since I was a little girl. My dad used to take me here... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2019
lrobbins1980

All reviews homemade candies love food sweet place in town every week candy lacrosse turtles
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

We just love the Sweet Shop. They actually make their own ice cream, unlike other ice cream shops in La Crosse! It's an old place full of history and character. We love the owner. They also make their own candies. Get your sweetheart a valentine from their shop!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Stop in here at least annually. Get there early for some of the candies. The young manager is a great guy to work with. Th older owner can be crabby. Candy is always extremely good. Wish they would stock more of the typical Holiday fare.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Recently discovered another ice cream and sweet shop in La Crosse. My favorite had been in downtown La Crosse, but the ice cream at the Sweet Shop is the best in town - it is my new favorite and can't wait to try other flavors. We also bought some chocolate - all their sweets are homemade and delectable.
The choices of flavors for cones are somewhat limited, but pints can be bought that feature many more flavors.
It's in the north side of La Crosse, but worth the trip to Uptowne to discover the best ice cream in town.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stopped in with the intent of just getting some ice cream, but after talking with the employee, we decided we had to try the chocolate. The guy behind the counter was very friendly, telling us about how they make most everything in the store from scratch and roast their own nuts. We ended up getting a few pieces of chocolate, a couple anise suckers and some blue moon ice cream. The price of the ice cream was such a good value for the amount we got and the chocolate prices were what you'd expect from homemade candy but totally worth it! There was a walkway between the ice cream counter and the candy counter, which I can imagine would get crowded if there were a few people in the shop, but considering my husband and I were the only ones in at the time, it wasn't an issue. Definitely give this place a try if you are in the area, it's a bit off the main stream of traffic, but it was my first time in that area and had no problem at all getting there with the help of GPS.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

A "single scoop" is more than that, and is served in an old-fashioned tulip glass. Great selection of flavors, all homemade. They also have other ice cream treats... shakes, sundaes, etc. Didn't try the candy side of the store, but it all is homemade as well and looked delicious. A funky, old fashioned kind of place well worth the visit (we detoured the five miles from the Interstate). Leave your diet at the door and really enjoy yourself.

Date of experience: June 2017