“Friendly, accommodating staff.”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Friendly, accommodating staff.”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

A friend and I booked this hotel to see a concert in La Crosse. Due to a blizzard that swept all of WI, the concert was delayed a day. I called the hotel at 10am the morning we were to arrive to change our arrival date to the following day. They switched the day with no problems or hassles! The girl checking us in was in training, but there was someone right there to help her out. It was nice they didn't just leave her hang to figure it out on her own. They also helped us out getting our cab to and from the concert. Had our extra pillows in 5 min. Just lots of things they did so quick and friendly that you come not to excpect these days. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the tastey cookies too!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Anoka, Minnesota
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Very friendly staff, very clean rooms and it was very inexpensive!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Milwaukee
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Booked two rooms for family weekend asking for rooms close together. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. One room was fine the other had an odor of smoking. The hotel was booked, but I called to notify staff of the smell, so we wouldn't be accused of violating the no smoking policy. Since I had them on the phone, I asked if they might have a different room. Again, they were accomodating and said they'd get back to us.

One of the front desk people ended up coming to our room indicating they had a different room. She curiously had a spray bottle in her hand, and said "they've been using a new deodarizer, I hope that's not a problem". We indicated we were sure it wouldn't be a problem, and were appreciative of their attention.

When we got to the room, it smelled like very fresh lemon deodarizer and smoke. We kinda rolled our eyes, and decided to suck it up for one night. It ended up being a pretty long night though, because the firm (really hard) beds people talk about in other reviews were what we had. So none of us slept very well, complaing of back and should discomfort.

I won't recommend this hotel, and have stayed at other places I wouldn't recommend. The difference, though, is I'm frugal and will stay at a place that I wouldn't recommend. I won't stay at the econolodge again. I'd sleep in my car because I'd get a better nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Our group had 10 rooms reserved; probably half of the reservations were correct when we got there. All of us were charged different rates for the same rooms. When questioning the front desk staff we were just told ridiculous answers, they were making it up as they went along. We happened to pay the most for our room and ours wasn't even cleaned in the morning. Front desk was of no help there either. I had to ask for towels and coffee and then she wanted to just limit me to two bathtowels, no wash cloths, etc. Again, ridiculous. Beds were awful and the placement of the sink is laughable. The breakfast was adequate and that area was pretty clean. Wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Came with 3 small kids and I was not particularly happy about no pool fact. Check -in was done very fast and in no time I was in the room , I got even offered help with my bags and gladly excepted ( he probable felt sorry for me w 3 kids). On the contrary of my kids wining I had a very nice stay -just because there was no pool. They have a oversized hot tub where my kids felt like in the pool , but my releif was I could reach them at any moment.
Clean rooms. Good , very polite people working there and breakfast was w all morning goodies.(very good choice of bread , cereal and fruits , and ofcourse Waffles -on all my kids happines ) I sure appreciate for all the smiles when my kids did something - they made me feel good! Very home kind , nice place!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
McFarland, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I do travel a lot and in all these years you learn , you do get what you paid for . This was Econo Stay -nothing fancy , but again I didn't expect it. Room was very clean and for me the most importante -bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was nice with choice of breads, cereal and fruits -which was all I needed on the side of my coffee in the morning. Hot tub open 24 hours and pleasent front desk people. Was there anything that could be better? Yes- I would probable enjoy flat screen T.V. and some updates threwout this establishment but again that would probable raise the price per night and I really like what did I got for my money here. I do like to splurge some times but this works for me very well. Clean , nice ,pleasent people and nice price! .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed in Econo Lodge in the middle of July since our family stayed in Best western across the street. We couldn't book Friday night so we took the same in Econo and had 2 other nights with our family. We never switched ! It was so much cheaper and comparing what they had it didn't make sense for us to leave this one. In my case the winner in the decision was 24 hours open hut tub. I never stayed in the motel that they had this and you learn to appreciate this. ( some of my family came along with me after long night and staff was so nice- gave them towels and kept making jokes along with me how we are so much better since some quest are sneaking in the middle of the night -just to be with us).
We all have been very satisfied and we have been recommending this place to everyone. Clean rooms , happy , pleasant staff (my kids loved breakfast lady -aunt Sue- who was keeping order in the morning ). We got to meet the owner , nice guy-came buy very often and was very concerned if everything was OK. My wife loved it to but had a comment that they could use updating for lobby furniture, but loved the oil painting in the hallways. We will make sure to stay in this motel if we come back in La Crosse . Very nice!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family