“Absolutley the worst hotel ever! Do not waste your money.”

Econo Lodge La Crosse
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed August 1, 2009

First off, unlike most hotels, if you reserve a room at the econolodge for a long period of time, say 2 weeks, expect to pay for the full 2 weeks up front. According to the clerk at the front desk, who, by the way was beyond rude and totally unprofessional, the econolodge charges you upfront instead of at the end of the stay. But the weird thing is that another clerk also told me that they don't charge till the end of the stay. I smell a liar. If there are any traveling military contractors out there you should know how financially painful this can be. Second, according to the clerk at the front desk (the rude one), they only clean the rooms twice a week. Also the claimed "high speed internet" here is not so high speed at all. It crashed on me at least 4-5 days a week. And, no it was not my computer. So all in all: Cheap rip off of a hotel, Inconsistent housekeeping and a really tall rude female front desk clerk who wears fake colored contacts lenses. I have already informed my company of this establishment here and we all agreed that there will be no more employees comming this way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 18, 2009

My stay was spledid! The checkin was very quick and easy, and the front desk clerk was polite and helpful!! The room was more than we expected! It was clean, spacious, and the beds were comfortable too!! We were closer to the front desk and didnt have any problem with noise either! To top it off there is a 24 hour hottub; perfect after the long trip. I really enjoyed spending the night here, and in the morning we had a wonderful breakfast with a large variety of foods.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I was very impressed. Friendly front desk staff, nice room with recliner, wireless internet, 24 hour hot tub...Breakfest was plantiful,too. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2009

We booked a room here when coming for a Campus Close up at UW La Crosse. We figured we would stay here because it was cheap and we wouldn't be arriving until midnight and leaving by 9am. Hotel was dirty and rundown. Bed were awful, we didn't get any sleep. Front desk clerk was greasy looking and had hickeys all over her neck. Supposedly homemade cookies sitting on greasy doily on dirty counter. Breakfast was a joke. Dry loaf of white bread,bag of powder sugar donuts and generic dry cereal. Spend the extra money and stay some place else.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We stayed one night. Clean, well maintained room. Convenient location. Loved 24h hot tub and breakfest with waffles.Great staff. We will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dacaOnalaska
Reviewed July 22, 2008

There were three of us guys on motorcycles roaming around the countryside and looking for a place to spend the night. We stumbled on this place, and took a chance. The clerk was friendly and helpful, as we got our rooms. The rooms were clean and well kept. Breakfest was the normal doughnut, coffee, juice and waffle maker. Check out was a breeze and room rate I thought were good. I would stay there again. Come on, what do you expect for $60.00 a night in this economy?

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kellylisa
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I reserved a special rate for an event I was going to. I was assured the rate on the phone, but when I arrived, they said they didn't have that rate down and would have to charge me more. They assured me that the next day the manager would be in and I'd get a refund. I talked to the manager the next day and he agreed to refund it (but couldn't do it then for some reason). It's now two months and many phone calls to the management there later, and I STILL don't have my refund. What kind of place is so poorly run that they can't refund someone when they overcharge them?

The hotel itself was okay, nothing great, nothing horrible, but they are way disorganized and I wouldn't trust them (they also had my reservation wrong and called me the morning before I was coming to confirm it with me--luckily, since they had it for the wrong night).

• Stayed: April 2008