WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in La Crosse
Dallas, Texas
“Nice, but over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Fairly clean, quiet rooms. Great staff.. Awesome Hot Tub open 24 hours, a real plus! However at $100 per night, a little pricey.. Would be a great value around $50 a night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Place was good. It could use some updating in General but little refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms along w coffee makers meant the world to me. The whole place is very convenient, close to the freeway and the river.

Room Tip: Pizza place right next door -very good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

This motel has own charm and I am always looking for something different. I do travel a lot and have the feeling that we are being swamped w franchise directed ,SAME looking rooms. I stayed in Railroad room and I am determined to stay in all of the rooms posted on the wall right next to the Front desk , just for fun.
Came w no reservations, I was upgraded to the Rail Road room and very happy about it. I came for the business in town but sure found unexpected joy in this Motel right across the river.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Loved everything about my stay. For sure we will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I really loved the over sized Hot Tub. I do travel a lot and get little tired of little pools and mini hot tubs. I travel w my kids ( 5 of them ) and it is hard to make them seat still in small hot tub. Sure loved it. Clean rooms , pleasent staff -All what I am looking for.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Malena P
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

This days you get what you pay for.Econo Lodge had very resonable rates and clean rooms -all what I was looking for. In my travels I use to stay in upper price motels and I loved them . Their price started going up and service down . I decided to try Economy motels and since 2 years ego I haven't had really bad expiriance. This place just prove my decision right. I am not looking for the extra things but their room had frig, microwave , coffee maker and ironing board. Some things that I had to ask for, in lot of Upper Inns. They sure imperssed me w room and their cleanlessness . Right Choice for me -for sure.

Room Tip: ask for the Theam Rooms .
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joana M
Rogers, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I visit the La Crosse area monthly and I decided to try a new hotel. I will never return to this hotel again:( I stopped at the front desk and signed the normal check registration paper work. I immediately noticed a $1.50 safe fee. I asked what this fee was for and the receptionist indicated it was for the safe in the room. I told her that I wasn't planning on using the safe. The receptionist said that they charge everyone the extra $1.50 and if I wanted the money back, I could ask for it at check out time. (I know what you're thinking...$1.50 isn't a lot, but who wants to be nicked and dimed!) I signed the form and asked for a cart for my luggage. I was then told that they didn't have any carts :( I proceeded to haul my bags down the hallway to my room. I immediately noticed a very strong "air freshener" odor. I was thankful that I arrived at my room. I proceeded to enter my room and the "air freshener" small was even more pungent. It was a horrific musty-floral scent. I walked over to the window and urgently opened it. (It didn't appear to have a lock.) I was thankful to get some fresh air in. The room was clean but it made me feel claustrophobic as it had too much furniture. The vanity was outside the bathroom. The bed had five pillows, but it was hard as a rock. :( The walls at this hotel are really thin. I heard people coming and going all night. I had the worst night sleep. (After I shut the window the musty-floral smell came back with a vengeance.) The La Crosse area has several hotels within this price point. I would definitely select a different one if odors bother you or if you want a good night sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo