“Tried again, 100 times better!”
Review of Pogreba Restaurant

Pogreba Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our staff prides itself in not only creating and delivering a superior product, but in building meaningful relationships with our guests. Join us for dinner and try one of our signature beef,seafood, pork, or pasta dishes. Cocktail with friends and family atop our unique mezzanine level or relax bar side and get to know our talented staff. Catering any and all events. Stop in and see what all the buzz is about on La Crosse's north side...Pogreba Restaurant
Midwest
“Tried again, 100 times better!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wow. When I visited Pogreba a couple years ago, I had a bad experience - bad food and bad service. I went there again a couple days ago and had the best meal I've eaten in recent memory AND outstanding service.

I ordered Parmesan Crusted Salmon, and it was incredibly tasty. It was a rather large portion (8 oz.), so I intended to eat half and take half home. HA! I cleaned my plate. The salmon, wild rice medley, and asparagus were all just too good to not finish.

Our waiter knew every last detail about the menu. We asked a lot of questions, and he could answer everything. He described each menu item in thorough detail and was friendly and professional.

My dinner companion ordered dessert -- a lovely key lime dessert with lots of whipped cream and limoncello poured over the top. I had a bite, and again - the best thing you can even imagine.

One sort of interesting thing about Pogreba is the atmosphere. It's pretty classy, but the thing that struck me is that, though the restaurant was full, it wasn't noisy.

I wish I could delete my old review. They've completely turned things around. I can't wait to go back!

If you are in La Crosse, you should try Pogreba. They have a unique menu and are definitely one of the most upscale restaurants in town!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank wetrav

WI
“So Good!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I eat here at least once a month and the food is great! It's very nice in here and the service is great. The bacon wrapped cheese curds and the pork belly are great appetizers! We have yet to try something we don't enjoy.

• Visited December 2012
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere and martinis!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Went here for my 29th bday and had drinks and appetizers. They make a killer blue cheese dirty martini called "Old Blue Eyes." Yum! We also did the shrimp bruchetta which was pretty good, and the bacon wrapped cheesecurds are awesome. (Who's surprised with that amazingly unhealthy and delicious combination??) The entrees are relatively expensive for this area, so plan to spend upwards of $30/plate. The embience is great, as other reviews have mentioned. Maybe it'd be the perfect happy hour location? Cheers!

Arcadia, Wisconsin, United States
“Neat experience.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The ambience was great and neat decorating of the place. The food was great and not overly expensive. Service was also a good experience.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank KaylynnPamela W
Sheboygan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tried again, Great”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Food is great. Had the whiskey shrimp bruschetta app. Had the BBQ ribs and rib eye. Delicious. Bar and service was great. Everyone is so attentive. Pleasant atmosphere. Make a reservation and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012