“nice rest.”

River Jacks
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are located in the Best Western Plus hotel, right on the Black River. We have a deck and bar with a beautiful view, there a boat docks so you can stop in for some food or a drink when out enjoying the river when the weather is warm
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“nice rest.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

They had black bean burger, which were great!!! Also, they had comedy, which I also enjoyed so much, too. The food they had was absolutely fantastic.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lau995

Onalaska, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Prices”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I haven't been to River Jacks in years. However I heard through a friend that they were under new ownership, and decided to give it a try. There was a group of 8 of us, and it was fantastic. The service was great, the food was great, and the prices were pretty good also. I ordered the ribeye steak, and it was cooked perfectly, and it comes with amazing brussel sprouts and potatoes. All of us ordered something different, and no one had any compalints. The wait was a little long, but for great food, I'm willing to wait. I highly recommend you try River Jacks!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SarahC1326
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“New management! Revamped! Excellent food, service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My fiance and I decided to give River Jack's a try for a nice dinner and we are so glad we did!
The restaurant has a new excellent menu. We were pleasantly suprised with the variety of choices. Our service could not have been any better. The restaurant has been revamped with updated decor, while keeping the River Jack's theme. It is very lovely. My fiance ordered the steak and he was very impressed with the preparation and quality! I ordered the butternut squash lasagna and I was also very impressed with my meal. The sides were excelllent as well. The prices are very reasonable. If it's been a while since you were here, I recommend giving it another shot. You'll be glad you did!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank mrsjz75
La Crosse, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eating at Riverjacks”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just wanted to share with everyone my terrible experience with this place. My husband and I went to see a band play and arrived around 7:00 pm. We ordered a brisheta, when it arrived it there were 3 of the smallest pieces I have ever seen. We each had one bite, the bread was soggy and they just through salsa on top. We only had one bite each and I sent it back. The waitress informed me her manager stated we would have to pay for half. I spoke to the manager and stated we only had one bite each she argued with me and stated to bad you ate half.One bite does not constitute half she was horrible and not apoligetic. I will never be back and will never send anyone over there. The worst experience I have ever had with a manager.....

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sandy T
Kathy R, Owner at River Jacks, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Our Bruschetta does come in 3 pieces, it is one of our popular appetizers. The bread is toasted so it does not become soggy, it is not salsa on top it is tomato, mozzerella, basil and it is drizzled with balsamic reduction. I am sorry to hear that this customer was so unhappy with her experience.
Winona, Minnesota
“something a bit off here”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the outside this place looks like it would "have it all" with a huge deck and bar and dining room, but it almost seems like its being run by high school kids that are all in training. Guess the food was ok, but it just seemed like something was off, like it has been converted into a set for a Stephen King novel and nobody told the public.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank zamr
Kathy R, Owner at River Jacks, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I'm not sure how to respond to this review, we have a very nice dining room with a wonderful view of the Black River.