The hotel is located in the revitalized historic downtown. Hotel sits right on the river for a great view and nice walking and bike trails. The area seems to be pedestrian friendly. There really aren’t any chain stores or restaurants. Only there one night so I don’t know how popular the bars and restaurants are.
I was disappointed that they do not provide complementary coffee in the lobby. You can get more packets for your room but that takes several brews to fill up a travel mug. Front desk told me with Starbucks in the lobby they no longer have free coffee.
To travel to a discount store for any incidentals, you will need a car. Most shopping seems to be in Onalaska which is a good 15-20 min. drive. There is the other side of town but phone app showed Onalaska closer. This is a negative as it relates to location. But as noted by others, the area is beautiful during the summer.
Check in was a little bit of an ordeal but the problem was resolved to my satisfaction.
Nice lobby/bar area that has an outdoor patio right at the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse is perfectly located in Downtown La Crosse on the banks of the Mississippi River. Offering a fresh, vibrant and newly renovated everything. Featuring the new Bistro restaurant, 24 hour market, pool and whirlpool, free parking, internet and friendly staff. We welcome you to share all we have to offer with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront Hotel
- La Crosse Marriott
- La Crosse Courtyard
- Courtyard La Crosse Downtown