I had seen the Courtyard on a previous trip into La Crosse and it looked like a great place to stay. Newer looking property, on the river, restaurants very close - all looked good. So on my last trip into La Crosse, I tried it.
The service is fine and the property is clean. Nice quiet location. But wait, the rooms! This was my second hotel in one week where you could barely walk into the bathroom and close the door because the space is TINY. I mean tiny, like it will give a normal person claustrophobia. The toilet and tub are in one very small space, and the extremely small vanity is outside the door. The sleeping area is on the small side also. I am Marriott Gold, so I have to assume I got at least an average room. The architect who designed this place should lose his/her license. And one more complaint, there is no door on the closet. Really Marriott, is this the best you can do?
If all you care about is a clean place with a great location, try it. If you expect a decent sized and well designed room, go elsewhere. I will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse is perfectly located in Downtown La Crosse on the banks of the Mississippi River. Offering a fresh, vibrant and newly renovated everything. Featuring the new Bistro restaurant, 24 hour market, pool and whirlpool, free parking, internet and friendly staff. We welcome you to share all we have to offer with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront Hotel
- La Crosse Marriott
- La Crosse Courtyard
- Courtyard La Crosse Downtown