“needs some improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in La Crosse
La Crosse
“needs some improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

our toilet seat was loose and it felt like we were going to fall on the floor;there was only one Kleenex in the Kleenex box;our one side of the curtain didn't work-had to had pull it to close it,we called early and thought we asked for 1st level-however,when we got there they said our room wasn't ready yet and gave us another-it was on the second floor and no elevators,not fun for older people with luggage to tote up and down.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had our daughter's wedding reception there and stayed two nights. Excellent, friendly service and great meals! The staff helped keep things within our budget. Guests thought the pasta bar was excellent!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
We are so proud to have been a part of your daughters wedding. The staff of the Days Inn La Crosse understands how important this event was and I am glad everything met your expectations. May they have may happy years.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We checked into our room and had dirty towels all over the bathroom. Garbage were not empty and the sheets were spotted. The only positive was the front desk person, he was very friendly. He gave us great food recommendations as the bar and restraint are closed on Sundays. Will chose a different hotel next time I a, in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I don't understand the negative reports. I was very skeptical but not really disappointed at all. Now I have been in some real dumps but this was not one. I told them I was pleased as punch that they were dog friendly. Granted the entranceways carpet was messy, but that is what you get when you deal with snow and salt 7 months of the year. People and construction workers wear mukluks (sp) and clod hoppers in from the out doors. My room windows were clean, the bed was comfortable, the floor well vacuumed, the bathroom was clean and well stocked and kept. One discrepancy here the wall paper was separating. The spray nozzle on the shower head had no clogs at all. The hotel was full but I heard no one. Another discrepancy is in the pool. Whoever did their maintenance had not scrubbed the black ring off the water level all around the pool. I brought it to the attention of the manager. Not acceptable since it was the night man who was to take care of it. I did not use the pool again though. The front desk was very accommodating. The Friday night fish fry was great. Breakfast is a carb killer... biscuits and gravy and french toast fingers with syrup. I am diabetic so I passed thank you. Went to Tom Sawyers Bar and Grill for breakfasts. Would I stay here again, yes. I had no problems so I would also recommend them. If you have a problem TELL the front desk then. I will email the manager after I send this review.

Room Tip: Security is high there. You need your key to access anywhere on property. I was on the 2nd floor at...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Loganville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at this motel. It was the worst and dirtiest motel.there was cob Webbs on the ceiling in the room and a plastic bag by the head of the bed (on the floor) the bed was very uncomfortable. The only good part about this hotel is the restaurant attached to it. We had good food and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Good Morning beegirl2014. I am so sorry that your experience was poor. As you can tell from other reviewers, Most people find our hotel to be very nice, but then sometimes we fail. When that happens we try to fix the problem right away and work with our team to make sure someone else is not disappointed. Thank you for your review as this is an important part of our self evaluation as we try to improve. I would ask that the next time you travel in our area please give me a call. I would love the opportunity to show this was not typical for our Days Inn, but rather the exception.

Thanks again and Happy Traveling.